{3}

The she demon reached the siblings before the sun reached its highest point. All it took was two hours of hard running, easy for the demon. She stopped by a stream and wiped blood from her face, caused by an earlier meal. She was sure to bury the remains like normal. They came across a house in a mountain. It smelled like blood and demon. She followed the boy closely, watching. He tensed and rushed to the house.

Sure enough, a demon was devouring some fresh prey. The she demon's stomach erupted into angry snarls. Saliva dropped down her chin. The demon inside turned to look at the boy. He launched into a frenzy of half hearted attacks   at the boy. The pink eyed demon stood in the doorway, eyeing the flesh. The taller demon stood beside her in a flash, turning her head to face her with a firm hand on her jaw.

"If you do that, there is no going back." The she demon spoke with harsh, truthful words. The red tint  of the world around her intensified as she pictured all the death by her hand. Her stomach churned at the thought. The bigger demon let the girl go.

She watched the little thing run off after her brother to save him. The she demon turned back and quickly ate what was left, neatly of course. She gently wiped her mouth before turning. The boy stood with a rock in his hands, able to crush the demon's head. She smelled fear and hesitation. With an irritated growl she launched forward and stood beside the boy. He gave a startled yelp and dropped the rock on his foot. The larger demon chuckled at his knee-jerk reaction before finishing off the demon herself.

She spotted an old man, he smelled like a demon slayer. Their eyes locked.

"Stay back kid, this demon is the lower 4 Kizuki." The demon smiled at his reaction, as well as her recognition. In her right eye the kanji for the number 4 was inscribed.

"All is well, I made a promise to the water Hashira earlier to spare these two." The Demon Slayer looked slightly shocked. "Now, I need to do something before the sun comes up. Brother, I will catch up with you and Nezuko after the sun sets tomorrow." Her childish voice echoed across the dim lit area.

The boy was shocked by this new development, but the lower 4 demon was busy gathering the remains with the Demon Slayer. She knew it was odd. They could be at each others throats right now. But, the girl would continue her tradition, nothing would stop her. Not Muzan, not anyone. The man seemed uncertain and confused by her actions. She could smell it like she could smell an oncoming storm. Once they finished the silent burial, she stood and dusted grime from her pale hands.

"I'll catch up to the boy later. Tell them I say so m'kay?" The childish voice asked before zipping off to a dark area away from the sun. Like the day before, the daylight hours were a torturously long wait. Meanwhile Tanjiro has left Nezuko in the small house to sleep and trekked up the mountain with the man. He couldn't stop thinking about the tall demon. She had been following them? She knew what happened to Nezuko?

It worried him knowing that he had been stalked without noticing. Plus, Sakonji said she was powerful. His eyebrows creased as he began back down the mountain, worried for Nezuko. Many times he saw a figure in the trees. He thought it was his mind playing devilish little tricks on him until he stopped and shouted angrily.

"Come on out! I know you're there!" His voice rung clearly. In response he heard a child-like laugh coming from all directions, confusing his brain. He stopped turning to see the tall she demon standing before him with a gentle smile. It made the hairs on the back of his neck raise.

He seemed to be frozen as her eyes watched him calmly. He shook in place, but his face remained a hard glare. Her smile remained and she gently set a hand on his head. It was very soft and her smile became genuine, a soft genuine smile as her thoughts got lost. Her chest was warm again, like when she was with Nezuko. It was peaceful in her soul. A faint image flashed in her mind, a small girl held hands with a larger woman. The image faded and the red tinted world returned.

The demon hummed, "continue. I will be waiting with your sister at the bottom." Then she disappeared from sight. Her long black hair evaporated like mist, leaving Tanjiro to huff and puff down the mountain, more determined than ever.

He had to get down there fast, or the demon might hurt his sister.

Meanwhile, the tall demon had already strutted into the small cabin. Sakonji Urokodaki stood up from his seat on the floor and stood before her. "Kimiona, you may have been tolerated before, but I cannot allow your presence here. If you do not leave, I will kill you. Whatever attachment you have formed with the siblings must be severed." He said cooly, a hand on his sword hilt.

The demon frowned and scratched her cheek. "What can I do to stay? Any favors, a promise?" He shook his head.

"I do not want any favor from you, now leave-" he stopped when a sleepy Nezuko gabbed Kimiona's arm. She mumbled and fell asleep, hanging on the other demon's arm. The lower 4 wrapped her arms around the girl and went to the back room, where Kimiona tucked the sleeping angel in. Urokodaki watched the interaction intensely.

Eventually he sighed, "fine, you can stay." Kimiona smiled softly and clapped once.

She bowed, "your hospitality is greatly appreciated." Urokodaki ignored her, instead he turned to see the door open. A beat up Tanjiro collapsed into the cabin, asleep. Kimiona flashed forward and immediately tended to his wounds. She licked her hands once she was done, earning her a disgusted look from Urokodaki.

"I will be back at sunrise." And with that, Kimiona disappeared.

🌸
Please forgive errors, I hope y'all liked this! ^^ -Shayleigh