{15}

"What has it been, sixty four years?"

"It has been that long."

Tamayo breathed in thought, "mmmm. A lot has changed since we last spoke." Her guest nodded, "you're more in control, and now lower moon 2 I see?"

"He killed all the others besides me and Domu."

Yushiro stared right at Kimiona, ready to leap up and attack. Just as she remembered.

"How fortunate for us... tell me, why have you sought me out after such a long time?"

The taller demon looked down, "the boy, Tanjiro Kamado. We are," she paused awkwardly, "very close. I almost hurt him when my instincts took over. I-" Tamayo shook her head in understanding.

"You want to cut off his control and snuff out your instincts then?"

"If it's possible, then yes."

The doctor stood, "you survived the sun?"

Kimiona's eyes widened, "how did you know?"

The woman only smiled and shook her head. "You are stronger, but not because of blood."

"So the sun can strengthen me in place of flesh?"

"That's the theory, yes. It will be very painful. But you knew that already."

Tamayo stood up and opened some cupboards before grabbing some things. She returned with a syringe, "I need to draw some blood." Kimiona offered up her arm before glancing away.

The doctor finished quickly and set the vile of blood down. "It might take a few days, but I think I can make something. The concentration of his blood is very high in you, there is a chance it may kill you."

"That's fine." Kimiona said plainly, standing up and rubbing her arm after dismissing the warning. "I guess I'll go sit outside then...?" Tamayo smiled in agreement. The lower moon took leave of the house.

She sat on the roof, and nervously watched the sun rise.

~

Tanjiro paced around the medical wing, brows furrowed as he thought deeply.

It had been a week since Kimiona disappeared. All the worst outcomes ran through his mind; mostly different scenes of her dying.

His wounds were slow to heal, leading to a torturously slow week of stress. Nezuko was asleep the whole time. Zenitsu was worse off than Tanjiro, and Inosuke was good to train his strength back next week.

The boy decided to step out for some fresh air, so he pushed open the medical wing's door and took his leave. The recuperating slayer breathed in the fresh air. It was so nice outside.

He took a seat on the patio and gazed into nothing, smiling.

~

Kimiona stood up, stretching after such a long period without motion. The sun was setting, so the welts, burns and blisters slowly healed themselves, causing an itchy feeling along her skin.

Tamayo had drawn her blood about a week ago, she said it would be ready tomorrow thankfully. In that time, Kimiona had spent days cooking in the sun.

It was strange. The dark carnal feeling that coursed through her veins had shifted. Now, it felt more like liquid gold. Had the sun been killing off Muzak's cells on its own? That made sense to Kimiona.

She hummed and stretched out a bit. Now Muzan and she were more opposite than alike. Her strength pulled from a different source, no longer relying on his blood. The urge to consume flesh had also waned to an old memory.

The demon entered the house, making her way towards the basement. Tamoya greeted her with a smile.

"Tamayo, am I still considered a demon?" Kimiona asked curiously. The doctor hummed in contemplation, brows furrowed.

"I'm not sure, I think you're now a subspecies that uses photosynthesis rather than the consumption of flesh."

"I eat the sun?"

"Pretty much." Tamayo responded with a chuckle. "A sun eating demon." They both laughed, it was a nice moment in their hellish world.

"I have the canceling agent done, are you ready?" The demon doctor turned serious.

"Yes, thank you Tamayo." Kimiona smiled and offered up her arm. The needle went in, then back out moments later. She didn't feel particularly different, but nodded.

"Return if there are any complications, or just stop by to visit. You are good company." Kimiona nodded, bowing before taking her leave.

Hopefully Tanjiro was waiting for her.