{10}

Tanjiro watched as the place he grew to call home got closer and closer. His legs felt like lead, heavy and tired as his eyelids drooped.

He jumped awake when the cabin door shot open like a gunshot; loud and abrupt. Two demons scrambled out and stampeded straight towards the new Demon Slayer. Tanjiro started crying as Kimiona and Nezuko wrapped their arms around him.

"You're awake Nezuko!" He wailed. Kimiona watched as the siblings cried. She did her best to comfort them while leading them towards the house. Urokodaki stood outside the doorway, radiating happiness. Even if he would never admit it aloud.

Inside the house, Tanjiro and Nezuko almost immediately fell asleep, draped over the large demon as she sat on the floor. She held them close, gently running clawed fingers through their hair. A gentle purr vibrated through her chest.

The moment was very peaceful.

The childish demon's eyes fluttered closed after a while, and sleep took over.

~

"Caw caw! Tanjiro go West to the small village! Girls have gone missing! Go West to the small village! Kimiona wait until sundown and follow the kashuki to headquarters! Wait to go to headquarters!"

The crow shouted from outside, startling everyone. Tanjiro quickly got ready with Nezuko, preparing for his first mission.

Kimiona scooped the boy up into her arms before he could leave. He smiled as she kissed both of his cheeks, then his nose. "Don't die please." Her high pitched voice breathed across his face. It sent a shiver through Tanjiro's body.

Kimiona could bite my face off at any moment, but she hasn't. He forgot how dangerous the lower moon 4 could be.

Tanjiro nodded with a small smile, "you too." Then he was set down, and left with his sister in a daze. Kimiona was once again left alone.

She sat silently in the main room with Urokodaki, impatiently waiting for her guides. The sooner she could complete her task, the sooner she could return to the siblings. Hopefully they could hold their own until then.

"Demon." Urokodaki got her attention.

"Hmm?"

"What is your blood art?"

Kimiona scratched her forearm. "I have very strong reactions to emotion, and my blood can form protective barriers." He nodded.

Then the door opened, revealing a man in a black uniform.

"We are here to take lower moon 4, Kimiona, to the training grounds."

🌸
Sorry this one was so short! I hope you enjoy it regardless ^^ -Shayleigh