{4}

Urokodaki sat down at the table and began to write. The house was quiet, as the siblings were asleep and Kimiona disappeared almost an hour ago.

Ubuyashiki, you have probably heard about the Kamado siblings, Nezuko and Tanjiro. They are currently under my care. I can assure you that Nezuko will not be a threat, she may actually prove to be a valuable asset.

When I found them at a temple, lower moon 4, Kimiona was following them. She seems to have attached herself to the two as a parental guardian. For now I am allowing her to stay, but any changes of course will be effective immediately by your request.

Urokodaki

He tied the letter to his crow's foot and sent it to headquarters. Kimiona glanced up at the bird from her perch at the top of the mountain and understood immediately what was in the letter. She fiddled with her hands, thinking about the brother. He was a character, and it felt like he almost brought the human back to Kimiona.

She pondered over what her life was like as a human. Maybe she had a brother like him. Maybe her family, if she had any, was killed by demons. Suddenly, a powerful force appeared behind Kimiona.

She quickly turned and bowed to she master Muzan.

"What do I owe this visit, master?" She said calmly, looking at his nice shoes. Muzan crouched down in front of her and lifted her chin.

"You certainly have consumed many humans since we last saw each other, well done." He forced the she demon's mouth open and let blood drip from his slitted hand and down her throat. "Now, do me a favor and continue watching over the Kamado siblings, something is... special about that girl."

Kimiona nodded, "of course, master. Anything for you." She said truthfully, earning a smile from the devil himself.

"Good girl," he said before disappearing. Kimiona sat in silence, feeling the strength in her power increase. Her senses sharpened, letting the demon know that the sun would rise soon. So, she returned to the cabin and stepped into the undisturbed place silently.

Tanjiro slept a few feet from Nezuko, who was also asleep. The lower 4th moon sat in the corner of the room and watched them sleep. She observed in silence for some time, before Tanjiro woke up.

"Geeaah!" He exclaimed when noticing the massive demon staring him down from the shadows. Kimiona scooted forward and helped the boy calm down.

She petted his head, "sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Tanjiro nodded in understanding.

"It's okay-" he was interrupted by the demon wrapping her arms around him. Tanjiro was encompassed by warmth, his heart fluttered. It felt like the embrace of a mother. "I, uh, have to get ready now Kimiona-kun." The demon nodded in understanding. She enjoyed the hug as much as the younger boy did. It felt like a purpose for her, to protect these siblings no matter the cost.

Even if the cost was her own life.

🌸
Please tell me what you think, I always want feedback ^^
-Shayleigh