Chapter 01

"Are you done?" My stepfather asked as he peeked his head out of the door to check what I am doing. I just hummed as a respond as I'm so lazy to talk to him.

My mother got married with a single father last week and now we're going to move out from this house since mother told me that stepfather got a better and bigger house at the other place.

My stepfather got a son who is two years older than me, his name is Kwon Soonyoung. He is good to me, but I just never treat him the same way as he did to me. Whenever he talked to me, I just be like 'yes', 'no', 'hmm', nod my head and shake my head.

In short, I never really care about him.

I just still can't accept him as my stepbrother yet.

My stepfather is good to me too. Well, I am lucky enough to have good stepfather and stepbrother but sadly it's like I'm not appreciating them because I still can't move on from my real dad.

Anyways, my name is Chae Youngbyul. I'm 17 years old. I do have friends at school, in fact, me and all my classmates are good friends. But at some time, I would prefer being alone rather than being with people, you can say that it's like I'm pushing them away.

After zipping my luggage, I went out of the house and struggled to pick up the luggage because it was so heavy.

"I can help you!" My stepbrother said as he grabbed my luggage.

"No, I can do it." I tried to snatch the luggage away from his grip but failed since he stopped me by holding my lower arm.

"It's okay." He flashed me a warm smile before walking to the truck to put the luggage. I sighed not knowing what to do.

I went inside the house back to look around for one last time. Somehow, I'm already missing this house. And I missed my dad.. I saw a sofa and suddenly I smiled because I used to sat on my dad's lap while he was sitting there watching football shows or whatever that is related to sports shows since my dad is deeply captivated with sports.

People said, the one that went missing will be replace with someone new.

Yet.. I didn't even feel like he's even a father..

"Is everything done, yeobo?" My mother asked.

"Yes, we can go now. Lock the door, honey." He told me. Without nodding my head, I went out from the house and waited for them to get into the car before I took one last glance and locked the door.

My stepbrother aren't in the car since he's joining the truck to take care of all our stuffs.

I keep staring at the house, distance makes the house smaller and smaller seconds by seconds.

And it's out of my sight now.

I sighed and sat down properly, I opened my book and started to read. I do spend some of my time reading other than listening to musics.

"Wake up, Youngbyul." Mother woke me up as she shook my body lightly. I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I went out of the car and noticed that we've arrived.

"Youngbyul, come help us!" Stepfather shouted. I ran to the truck and started to help them carry all the bags and the boxes into the house.

I didn't bother helping again since there's not many bags and boxes left and that Soonyoung will do it by himself.. Pfft come on it's not that I'm lazy it's just that he's a guy.

I went upstairs with my luggage, I was gonna let Soonyoung bring my luggage to my room but nevermind, I'm burdening him. As I finally reached upstairs, I went to the last room since the last time we came here, we all agreed that this will be my room.