𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Every inch of Jimin's body was covered in goosebumps as he felt himself being shaken by a force. Although his eyes were closed, he could see flickers of diminished lights. After long moments of feeling the shakes, he finally heard a muffled voice calling his name.

He was aware of everything taking place, he could feel the wind passing, he could feel the soft surface under his head, he could hear the female voice calling his name out in terror. But he barely had any strength to part his eyelids.

"Jimin.. Please wake up, open your eyes," his mind could finally hear the muffled voice clearly. A teardrop fell on his eyelid, causing them to flutter. The girl gasped, quietly moving her hand to his face. She gently caressed his cheek, whispering his name, as if calling him any louder right now would disturb him.

Jimin finally mustered the strength to clench and then open his eyes, the blurred girl gradually coming into clear view.

"Jimin.. Jimin are you okay?" Her brown eyes were flooded with tears, face twisted in concern and sadness. He groaned, closing his eyes again as he tried to move away from her lap and sit up. But the girl caught him down, resting his head back on her lap. "Don't, take a moment.."

He gave up, not finding the will to argue or try again. He laid back, bleak eyes staring up at the sky. Jimin looked so sick.. so tired.. it hurt her.

"Who are you?" Jimin's sudden question left her puzzled. Averting her eyes, she nibbled on her lip, nervousness rushing up to her cheeks. "I-I'm Naira, your friend.." she mumbled quietly, as if she didn't want him to hear her voice.

Why? She didn't know.

"My friend? But I don't know you," Jimin's confusion seeped out with his question. The girl who was protecting him from the sunlight grimaced, a dull ache tugging her heart at his comment. 'Oh..'

"D-Don't mind then. Tell me what happened. I came to the roof to see you're passed out.." Naira mumbled, eyes gravitated towards the ground with Jimin still on her lap. He shifted his heavy lidded gaze to her, eyeing her features for a few moments. "I'm sick."

That was all he said.

But it was enough.

"I'm sorry to hear that.. Do you want me to bring you some water? Or bring you to the nurse's room? Or drop you back ho-"

"Why do you care?" Jimin whispered, his eyes red with tears welling in them. She couldn't decode his blunt words, but her heart couldn't bear the glint in his shades.

The feelings that she caged for so long in her gloomy heart were triggered by his little question and for a moment, she was lost in a haze of all the emotions that brew inside her. Naira was on the verge of crushing down the wall, and this time, no 'Y/n' could stop her.

"Because I love you, Jimin."