𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Clamoring noises intensified in Jimin's mind, his heartbeat racing high. Although it was breezy, beads of sweat covered his hairline, his hazel eyes not leaving hers for any mere moment. The shades of confusion in them were visible to Naira, and she almost heard his eyes asking her whether what she said was true or not.

It partially hurt her that he didn't seem too happy about it, but she was glad he at least cared.

She glanced away, unable to maintain the intense stare he began. But the genuine shock running through Jimin's veins wasn't cured yet. "What did you say..?" He asked in disbelief, dreadfully seeking a confirmation. She licked her lips, not letting her eyes meet his, "I love you.."

Jimin was frozen, his mind suddenly incapable of forming any coherent sentence.

But despite the stinging ache Naira felt in her chest and the pit of her stomach, she was still the same wise, patient girl. "It's okay, Jimin, take your time. I'll wait for whatever you have to say about that," She was skeptical but spoke nonetheless.

Jimin's body tensed up instantly. He dropped his hands on both his sides and pushed himself up, this time not being stopped by Naira. He sat and turned around, boring his eyes into hers, seeking in them more to understand.

The proximity, however, might have went unnoticed by Jimin but made Naira quiver inside. If he leaned in any further, their noses would touch. Her heartbeat picked up its pace as well, doe eyes staring back at him, afraid. Their bodies were already in contact, his fingers slightly brushing against hers as their hands are placed on the ground. Naira was in a trance.

"Don't wait for me," Jimin's sudden deep voice brought her back to herself. She furrowed her brows, eyes going frantic. What did he mean? "What do you mean, Jimin..? What do you mean don't wait?" She questioned, her voice laced with fear, and desperation.

And Jimin heard it.

"Don't wait for me, Naira. I'm sorry, I can't accept you. Believe me when I tell you it tears me to say this, but.. I'm already in love with someone else. And I love her so much, I cannot think of having anybody else in my heart. I will always love her. I hope you'll understand me, Naira... I'm really sorry. You'll get someone much better than me in the future. I mean it. Don't turn them down, give them a chance to show you what loving you should be like. I'm not the one, Naira. I'm sure I'm not the one," Jimin ended with a heavy sigh, feeling disappointed at his own words.

The tears that Naira has been holding in so dearly wanted free reign. Even her tears didn't want her anymore, they escaped her eyes long.

"I understand, Jimin," her voice cracked, "But no, I won't stop waiting for you. If you ever need me, turn around and you'll find me, smiling and waiting for you. I will always love you, Jimin."

Those were Naira's last words, and she figured out it would be the best for both if she left. She quietly moved away from him, and then pushed herself up. Dusting herself off, she smiled at him with the tears trilling down her cheeks, and turned around to walk out.

Jimin stayed quiet in his spot, all the incidents replaying in his mind. The waves of pressures after pressures started to overwhelm him very much, and he dropped his head on his palms. He was demented with the mania of stress after stress.

And now the pain of one sided love that he knows so well, is given to someone else because of him.

You're not good for anyone in this world. You're not worthy of living.