Chapter 1

No no no no no NO!

NO!

 WHY!?

WHY DID ANY OF THIS HAPPEN!?

I banged on the floor as I tried to process... Everything.

My life was over, I'd lost everyone. There was nobody I could trust anymore. Everyone had left me or betrayed me or-

No.

I'd just lost my friends because my 'friends' decided to go behind my back and record things that should have been private. Do they think Hailey was using me as a tool? They're using me as fucking entertainment.

And the club didn't even let me talk. They just left me here, alone. Abandoned me at the very first excuse they could find. They probably never even trusted me.

Then Hailey said what she said? No. I couldn't process that.

She loves me? Well, at least she did before I said the STUPIDEST THING I'D EVER SAID IN MY WHOLE DAMN LIFE!

Breathe.

Once I finished wailing in despair, I picked myself up and looked at the clock. It was still lunch.

I couldn't deal with the rest of the day. I sprinted to my locker, grabbed my stuff, signed out at the office and ran out of school as fast as I could. 

Once I was out, I kept running, desperate to escape everyone and everything associated with that hellhole. There was nothing for me there anymore.

The second I'd got home, I plopped down on my bed and cried myself to sleep. Sure, my mom would give me hell for leaving school, but I didn't care. All I cared about was running away and trying to ignore the feeling of utter dread.

I dozed off to sleep, hoping to get a nice and peaceful rest, but I instead was plagued with nightmares.

I was in the music room again, crumpled on the floor, just as I was a few minutes ago. Hailey's last words to me rang in my ears.

"I loved you..."

I began crying in my dream, thinking about all the time I'd spent with her. How one day changed all that, how one day crushed me.

I heard her say again, "I loved you..." her face appearing this time. Her expression was sad as if she thought I would never love her.

"I love you." I blurted

"Yet you never told me." She retorted

I stayed silent at this.

"And now look at what's happened." She continuted

"I-"

"You really screwed up, people don't get third chances, Jake."

"I didn't mean it! I-"

"Show it then."

Just as she finished her sentence, the world melted around me.

I was at a park in our neighbourhood, Hailey and I sat on the picnic table and I observed from a third-person point of view.

Hailey looked so perfect in the shade. I sat across from her, looking utterly enchanted.

I began to float towards my body, eventually entering it and taking control of myself. I began feeling better. I felt like I was wanted for once. I felt like I didn't need anybody. I felt like everything was fine. 

I wasn't even thinking about anything, I was totally zen. The only thing I was thinking about was Hailey and how I hurt her and Zander and Milly and Sean and Luke with my stupidness.