Chapter 6

*The competition is tomorrow*

She threw me against the wall, a look of absolute rage in her eyes. Zoey looked like a tyrant, I felt like a weak little child in her gaze.

"WAS IT WORTH IT, YOU LITTLE SHIT?" She screamed

"WAS WHAT WORTH IT, YOU PSYCHOPATH!?" I screamed back

"GETTING YOUR LITTLE FRIENDS BACK. DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING ANNOYING IT WAS TO STALK THOSE TWO IDIOTS, SEAN AND DAISY? DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET YOU DOWN TO NOTHING? DO YOU HAVE NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE PEOPLE TRYING TO RUIN YOU!?" 

"OH, GO FUCK YOURSELF!" I said, unable to find my words

Zoey took a deep breath, calming down a little bit.

"Why?" I asked

"You're gonna ask me why? I did it because of that two-faced BITCH Hailey! That little shit always acted like she was above us, like she was better. She's an arrogant brat and I wanted to torture her for it, humble her a little." Zoey responded

"What the fuck did she ever do to you?"

"She took you."

"How did she take me?"

"SHE TOOK YOU FROM US! ALL OF US HATED THE FACT THAT YOU WERE WITH THOSE FREAKS! I'M JUST THE ONE WHO DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

"You don't even like me that much! Why would you do all that just to keep me roped in with you guys?"

"Drew..."

"What?"

"Drew would've gone mad if you left us for them, I had to do it."

"Zoey... I would never have done that! I would never do that to Drew, at least. Even though he's a bit of a dick I know he looks out for me."

"What about the rest of us, Jake?"

"You can fuck off to your sugar daddy, Zoey."

Before anything bad could come of it, I ran away as fast as possible, eager to not get maimed by that girl. I ran until I found people, at which point I ran slightly slower. Eventually, out of pure habit, I ended up at the music room.

The door was cracked open, I decided to peek into the room and saw Hailey working on her laptop, nothing out of the ordinary. It was nice to have something remotely normal after that extremely surreal argument with Zoey. I never thought that she would hate me so much, she seemed more uninterested in me than anything.

"Jake? You've been standing there for half a minute, what do you need?" Hailey asked, snapping me back to reality.

"I-Uhh- I just wanted to talk to you?"

"Alright, come in."

I picked up a crappy foldable chair from the corner of the room and sat down next to Hailey. On her computer, she had some boring history essay open.

"What do you want?" She asked, clearly having no time for me.

"Who sent you the recording?" I asked

"It was Zoey, why do you ask?"

"A bit ago Zoey cornered me on the third floor and... She told me that she wanted to tear me down and break me. She told me that it was all her idea. She's the one who did it."

"So... It was all her?"

"Yeah, it was... S-she had this whole plan and I don't know why-"

"Jake, it's all gonna be okay, alright? We'll tell the principal or something, we'll handle her."