13 | grief

2/28

S I L E N T

the anger yowls and cries of pain filled my ears and I jumped from the bushes, Mallowtail at my side with Willownose at my other. I let out a furious yowl of rage and jumped at a near by dappled grey rouge tom.

The tom let out a wail of pain as my claws sink into his shoulder. Just as he was about to rear around and strike at me I let go of his should and jumped away from his sharp claws. I stumbled a bit on some pine needles and let out a hiss of annoyance before regaining my balance.

I hunched my shoulders and leaped back at the tom, swiping at his muzzle with furious blows. He yowled in pain and sent a massive blow to my cheek causing me to tumble backwards onto the wet grass.

The tom came charging at me, he lunged to pin me but at the last second I kicked out my hind legs and hit the grey tom in the chest. The tom was bigger then me so fell to the ground stung with shock. In that moment I regained my balance and lunged at him again.

I pinned down the tom and sent a blow to his cheek and bit off half of his ear, the tom let out a loud cry before kicking me off of him and fleeing for the under growth.

I hissed in satisfaction before turning to the ongoing battle. I swept my eyes over the clearing when suddenly a brush shook and Leafpaw, Dawnsky, and Petalshade leaped in the cluster of fighting cats to join the battle.

I was about to run to Leafpaws side when I heard Mallowtails wail of pain. I turned and saw me was being pinned down by the same 2 toms that attacked us at Pointed Claw Rock, Fang and Flint.

Fang has Mallowtail pinned to the ground while Flint stoke blows at Mallowtails face and shoulders. I yowled in rage and lunged myself at Flint we crashed though multiple cats before I had the tom pinned down.

While Flint was in shock I stoke blows at his face and ears before I felt some cat pull me off of the tom. I was about to turn to fight the cat pulling me away when I saw it was Mallowtail, the toms ear was shredded and he had a nasty wound on his muzzle. "Silentpaw, Listen, I need you to go to clan and get help! We are badly outnumbered." Mallowtail hissed.

I nodded and dived across the clearing to the bushes but before I ran back into the dense forest of Skyclan territory I caught the gaze of a familiar rouge calico she-cat who was going claw to claw with a dark brown apprentice.

The brown tom stoke a blow at the calico muzzle before he ran deeper into the cluster of fighting cats. Just then the calico turned her gaze to mine and I almost forgot my mission. I shook my head and ran though the bushes towards Skyclan camp.

My wounds burned as I ran through the trees and under growth but I knew I had to get to Skyclan camp before Shadowclan and Skyclan were all badly hurt, or killed.

I broke though the bushes and was met by the thorn barrier entrance, I dashed through and started yowling. "Finchstar! Finchstar! Finchstar!" I yowled over and over about to run to the rock slide path when Finchstar came running out her den and stood on the ledge where she does meetings.

"Silentpaw!" Finchstar yowled running down the rock slide path to me, her paws at missing a beat on her way down. "Cant a cat get some sleep around here-" Yowled Flakenose coming out from the elders den but the elder she-cat shut her mouth then she saw my battered wounds.

Parsleyseed came running out of his den with Ivypaw at his side carrying herbs. "I smell blood, Shadowclan, and Rouges! Was there a battle?!?" The tom asked staring at me but my eyes didn't leave Finchstar.

Mouseclaw come running out of the warriors den and was followed by Honeywisp, Swiftleap, Snowpebble, and leapflight. Everyone one else gather around me while I explained what was happening to Finchstar.