Spray Down

A/N: Saw a quiz video with emojis that looked eerily like water guns, so I got to thinking that it would be cute if our boy got into a water gun fight with the reader just for funsies.

Enjoy!

*************************

You always loved pool day with the Avengers.

Steve would always have one of the kids use his shield as a floatie.

Sam would somehow crash Redwing into the pool, effectively ruining it...every. Single. Time.

Tony would sneak his iron hand with him into the pool and use it to shoot water at people just to make Morgan laugh.

Obviously, though, your favorite person to watch, was your boyfriend, Bucky Barnes.

When the pool first got installed in the Compound and you all came up with the genius idea of taking a day every now and then to play around in it, he was instantly anxious.

He already struggled with showing even his metal hand to the world, much less the entire arm, no matter how many times you tried to tell him that the world wouldn't be seeing it.

Eventually, you managed to wear him down by purchasing an arsenal of water pistols.

Steve once told you Bucky had been a sniper, so you thought it'd be right up his alley.

At first, your boyfriend wasn't fond of the idea. Shooting people for fun? It didn't sound appealing.

You convinced him to play along the moment you sprayed Sam in the face and knocked him backwards into the pool.

Now, it's something you two do every time the Avengers have a pool day.

Today, though, you're really not in the mood to play around. You just want to relax in the newly-installed hot tub with Wanda and Natasha and forget about your stressors.

Your plan is derailed when you feel water hit the back of your head, effectively soaking it.

You stop dead in your tracks and slowly turn around to see your boyfriend, very obviously hiding something behind his back, trying his best not to make eye contact with you. "James? What's that behind your back?"

He, of course, tries to play it off. "Can I not hold my hands behind my back?"

You quirk an eyebrow, crossing your arms at him. "James," you repeat, berating him as if he were a child who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

At that tone, he brings the water pistol around to his front, his bottom lip sticking out in a pathetic pout. "I just wanted to play with you. You've seemed...a little off lately and I just wanted to help."

Your heart melts and you can't fight the smile that spreads across your face at his words. "Aww, James...that's very thoughtful of you."

He smiles back. "So you're not mad?"

You smirk. "Never said that. You'd better watch your back, Sarge."

Bucky looks surprised. "You think you can ambush a military-trained sniper and world-class assassin?"

"When said sniper and assassin has a soft spot for a certain girl with an affinity for pool toys." You grin. "I can do this all day."

He rolls his eyes. "Great, now you stole Steve's motto."

You giggle. "Well, Steve wouldn't do-" You pull out a water gun from your back pocket. "This, would he?"

Bucky realizes what it is a second too late, because by then, you've already sprayed him in the face. "Okay, okay, no face shots. Everything else is fair game. Deal?"

You go over and shake his hand. "Deal."

You pocket your water gun again, but, almost as soon as you turn around, he sprays the back of your head again. You roll your eyes. "You really need to find somewhere else to aim, Soldier. That's just not cutting it."

You two spray each other on and off for about an hour before Steve walks in and ends up being collateral damage.

The super-soldier pouts and Bucky just can't stop laughing at him, eventually ending up on the floor from laughing so hard. "Oh, Stevie, you really need to learn how to take a joke."

"It's not funny, Buck."

"Then why am I laughing, punk?"

While your boyfriend is distracted, you take that opportunity to spray him in the chest before pocketing your water gun again and holding out your hand. "Truce?"

He chuckles and shakes your hand. "Yeah. We should do this more often, though."

You grin widely at the comment and nod. "We definitely should."