Dizzy at the Dentist

A/N:  So, I just got a filling in over the summer, and I got a little dizzy after my Novocain shot (don't worry, I'm okay!) and what got me through was thinking about our boy helping me out. 

In a nutshell, this is VERY self-indulgent.

CW: Descriptions of dizziness/lightheadedness, minor talk of dental procedures (I'm no dentist, nor will I ever be, so go easy on me here), and of course, angst, hurt/comfort. Enjoy!

****************************************************

You hate going to the dentist, to put it lightly.

You were normally self-conscious, but when it came to this...well, let's just say it got worse. 

Today, you were getting a filling done. It's a simple procedure; you've had many done before.

That didn't mean you weren't terrified out of your mind. 

Today of all days, you were thankful for your doting and caring boyfriend, Bucky, who volunteered to take you and help talk you down from the proverbial ledge. 

"Y/N L/N!" calls the hygienist, and your heart starts pounding out of your chest.

Bucky takes and squeezes your hand quickly as you stand. "Text me if you need me to come back there, okay?"

"Babe, you can't-"

"If there's something wrong with my girl, nothing will stop me from getting to her." He kisses your hand before dropping it. "Now go."

You give him a smile before heading to the back and sitting down onto the chair.

The numbing gel is stuck in your mouth before the dentist comes in and gives you the Novocain shot, and the hygienist leaves you alone.

Suddenly, you break out into a sweat, and you start feeling faint. 

At first, you believe you're having a panic attack, but you weren't panicked about this appointment. You were nervous, yes, but not to this degree.

Something's wrong.

You pull your phone out of your pocket and text your boyfriend with shaky fingers.

Y/N: Something's wrong.

Bucky: What do you mean?

Y/N: I think I'm having a reaction. I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

Bucky: Give me a sec.

You then hear some commotion out in the front before all goes silent except for the bad music piped into the office, and suddenly, you feel hands on you. "Babydoll? Are you okay?"

You grab his vibranium hand and press it against your face, which does wonders immediately. 

A few minutes pass and then you feel tons better; your vision isn't dark anymore, though your hands still shake. You sigh and drop your boyfriend's hand. "Thanks."

"Feel better, doll?" Bucky asks, his steel blue eyes still clouded with panic. 

After all, you did text him that you were about to pass out. 

You nod. "You can go back out now. That really helped. Thanks, babe."

He's wary of leaving you, for good reason, but you shove him away from the chair. "Go back out to the waiting room. I'm okay. I promise."

He takes and kisses your hand. "Okay. I'll see you soon, sweet girl."

Before you know it, you've paid for your appointment and you two are headed back home.

"I researched your symptoms while you were back there," Bucky pipes up.

"Yeah? And?" you inquire.

"Those are rare indicators of an allergic reaction. You're gonna need to talk to-"

"Babe, you know just as well as I do that I'm not gonna talk to anyone about anything until it turns into a life-or-death situation."

He sighs, obviously expecting your stubbornness to shine through as it tends to in situations like these. "Then I'll contact Banner, see if he can concoct something for you for the future."

You sigh as well, rubbing between your eyes. "If you insist, but I swear I think I'll be okay."

"For my sake, please. Indulge me."

You give your boyfriend a smile. "Okay, but only because I love you so much."

"Thanks, babydoll."