Deep Sleep

3rd Person POV

Leaves rustle in the wind, the trees swaying side-to-side, the sunlight beaming down on the two people alone in a desolate graveyard... The graveyard where all the demon slayers who tragically lost their lives in the never-ending war to kill the demons...

Currently, Kagaya and his wife, Amane, were walking through the graveyard. This was a daily trip for Kagaya, he came to the graveyard, every day, regardless of how sick he was, he made it a point to visit each and every one of his children, every day.

Kagaya: Yaichi... Toyoyaki... Issao... Ryosuke... Yukio... Kaikaido...

Kagaya suddenly comes to a stop, his illness starting to take effect on him. Amane and Kagaya stand still for a while, trying to fend off the curse that Muzan placed on him.

Thankfully, the Head Captain was able to fend off the effects of the curse for a little while longer and continued his way through the grave to keep paying his respects.

Amane: Please, Master. Let's go. You must think of your health.

Kagaya: I wonder for how much longer I'll be able to make the trip here.

Kagaya and Amane continue to walk through the graves of all the deceased demon slayer, the number was astounding, thousands, if not, millions of demon slayers were layed to rest in this place after falling to Muzan's minions.

Kagaya: While I'm still in charge... I wish to avenge the lives of these children. To think... Just this month, I received at least seven reports of demon catastrophes.

Kagaya stops in his tracks again, lamenting how he's unable to help his children safe despite being the Head Captain.

Kagaya: Even as we speak... My children are on the front lines, taking them head on... No matter how many lives the demons snuff out... (Looks at the sky) One thing they can never extinguish... Are the bright embers of the human spirit. No matter how often we're beaten down... We will always rise up to fight again.

Kagaya looks up at the sky, knowing that despite Muzan and his demons constantly killing all the members of the corps, there will always be those who will fight back against him.

No matter what, no matter how many lives are taken, there will always be a burning heart within every warrior that fights. No matter how cold their hearts may be...

Elsewhere

The Mugen Train rides through the night, passing by a large lake along the way.

Inside the train, Tanjiro opens the back car door, allowing for him, Inosuke, Zenitsu, (Y/n), and Retsu to all enter the car and make their way towards Kyojuro, who was a few carts ahead of them.

As they all walked through the cart, unfortunately, Inosuke started acting up again, being inside the train, it was almost like it was another world for him. Which, unfortunately, meant that he was very curious about everything, so Inosuke ran into a booth and started banging on the windows, startling the men who were sitting in their seats.

Zenitsu: (Rushes back) Uh, sorry, gentlemen! (Grabs Inosuke) What are you doing!? Get over here!

Inosuke: No-no! Let me go! (Laughs)

Zenitsu drags Inosuke away from the men, completely embarrassed that he has to be associated with him.

As they move through the halls of the car, Zenitsu continues to drag Inosuke around by his pants, asking a question about who they were meeting up with...