~ 10 ~

hoseok and yoongi walked side by side as the two looked at the shelves of alcohol. "so." hoseok began. "what do you like to drink?"

yoongi had been carrying a few cases of beer as he hummed. "anything really, i'm not picky." hoseok laughed in reply.

"i like the way you think, hyung." the party animal replied. before heading to the checkout, hoseok stopped at a cooler before grabbing a couple cans of a sweet looking drink. "how many do you think jimin can drink?"

"he drinks?" yoongi asked. not that he was surprised, he just hadn't ever watched the boy drink - the boy didn't even drink coffee.

"he does." hoseok confirmed. "i think two should be okay, he's a light weight anyway." and with that, hoseok led yoongi along to the checkout.

as the two made it back to the car, the sun had long set, leaving the stars on display outside the small corner store. hoseok got into the driver seat before starting to drive back down the first road to the the lodge the group had been staying at.

smoke billowed from the property as a bonfire greeted the two. "oh nice." yoongi noted, seeing three of the other males circled around it in chairs.

hoseok parked, opening the door as he called out. "we're back!" he said in a sing-song voice. "and we have drinks!"

"okay but what did you say, hyung?" jungkook asked, listening to yoongi's story intently.

yoongi chuckled, taking a swig of his beer. "i said i was min genius, i only come up with the best ideas." he replied, making jungkook laugh softly.

"hyung keeps our boss on his toes, that's for sure." namjoon added, nudging yoongi with a grin. the sliding door to the house opened, jin exiting with a plate of snacks. he went and sat them down on the small picnic table adjacent to the bonfire, jimin following behind him with another plate.

seokjin scoffed as he joined the group, seeing hoseok already start to dance as he played music on a speaker. "are you really gonna start?" he asked, dumbfounded.

"have a drink, hyung." jungkook beamed. "we're on vacation." as the eldest rolled his eyes, jimin joined the group as well. taehyung gripped his waist in an attempt to sit the boy on his lap. though, jimin wiggled out of the hold before beaming at the latter.

taehyung only frowned. "you don't wanna sit with me?" jimin shook his head gently.

"the only open chair is next to yoongi-hyung so-" jimin was cut off as taehyung managed to pull him down, securely wrapping his arms around the mochi's waist. for once, jimin actually looked uncomfortable at a physical gesture by taehyung - that had never happened before.

"seok-hyung got you some drinks, they're like raspberry or something." taehyung hummed, resting his head on jimin's shoulder. the boy only nodded, not really paying attention as his eyes were on yoongi.

yoongi noticed how visibly uncomfortable jimin looked - the typically cuddly boy seemingly stiff. "you okay, minnie?" taehyung asked, rubbing the male's arm gently.

"w-would you excuse me? i'm gonna go get a blanket, i'm chilly." jimin said, getting up as he walked into the house. after a moment, he came back with the blanket from the nook. jimin went around the other side of the group - mostly to avoid taehyung - as he sat in the chair next to yoongi. "hi." he said happily as yoongi grinned at the presence.

"hello." he replied with a smile. taehyung watched with a pained chest, a frown filling his face as he sighed. it was hard watching your favourite person favour someone else - taehyung used to be that person for jimin, the favourite. but it had clearly changed.