chapter 7

I missed six calls from ladybug! Hopefully, she didn't need me that badly. I grasped out my cat phone and hovered it over my ear. My real ears, not my cat ears. I waited patiently for m'lady to pick up, I expected to hear yelling from the other side of the phone.

"Uhm, Hi M'lady it is your purrfect faithful companion-"

"Hi kitty, I need you to come to our regular meeting spot." She rushed.

._.

A few seconds later, she cut the call. Well, that was unexpected? Sorry Plagg, but I guess you're going to have to wait a little longer for your cheese.

______________________________________

I found Ladybug leaning over the railing of the roof- deep in thought.

"Hey Bugaboo."

...

"Bugaboo? something wrong."

She immediately turned around, flustered I chuckled in my head.

"Yeh s-sorry I was... just thinking about something." She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Okay? Why did you want to meet up with me?" I mentioned.

She sighed in exhaustion. I gazed into her deep, bluebell eyes. Her sparkling eyes were replaced with dull, lifeless eyes which were about to burst into tears at any moment. They were surrounded by big, puffy red eyebags.

Tired.

She was tired.

Fed up with the world around her.

What the hell is wrong with me? I should have realised this sooner. I should have comforted her when she needed me. I slowly put my arms around her.

"I'll always be here if you need me."

She sniffed in return.

"I am so tired Cat," she whispered emotionlessly. "I want to give up on everything. I am so empty right now that I can't even cry.

I placed my head on her shoulder, comforting her.

"A-And," she continued " the reason why I wanted to meet up with you is because-e-e I want to r-reveal my identity."

my eyes widened with shock as she said those last few words. M'lady want to reveal herself to me? I probably would have been jumping for joy if this wasn't a serious conversation.

"But isn't that a bit dangero-"

"OH MY GOD! What was I thinking? If you knew my identity, Hawkmoth would only need to akumatise you to get to me and then he would take both of our miraculouses and merge them and make a wish on whatever he wants!" She said panting.

._.

"Look, you are the best guardian that ever was and even if you do make mistakes, you always fix them in the end," I whispered in her ear. Ladybug earing began to beep, signalling her to leave. When did Ladybug use her lucky charm? Shrugging, I left to do a last-minute patrol of the city.