chapter 8

chapter 8:

I'm back in the old alleyway where Tikki and I take shelter.

The kwami of creation was sleeping on the comfiest pillow I made out of my jacket. At least the only companion I have beside me is comfy. I leaned against the wall. I blinked, tears wanting to escape from my eyes.

My heart is made of glass, it can be shattered easily.

The constant stress and anxiety made my mind turn to stone.

I have become empty

I have become foolish.

I'm tired.

Simple as that.

I'm so tired that I don't care about anything anymore.

I felt this all the time, and still do now until I became...Ladybug.

Just saying that name gives me chills.

I used to gain momentum, courage and happiness from her. Everyone adores her, Everyone wanted to be like her, and everyone praised her. Ladybug helped me become a happy person for a short amount of time. But then hell broke loose. Lila stepped on stage and humiliated me, taking my loved ones away from me. NOW EVERYONE IS IN DANGER! All because of me. All because of me ignoring her threats. All because of me, that I exist.

Besides me, there was a half-broken glass wine bottle. I knelt against a wall, trying to grasp the bottle. I was mesmerised by the sharp edges. I could imagine the blood seeping through my skin.

I looked towards my kwami.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

I sunk to my knees grasping the wine bottle in my hands.

Lila tore my soul into pieces.

I was dumb enough to fall for her trap.

I have given into depression.

I have lost the war of depression.

Flashbacks flooded through my head. My mind was helplessly watching it torture itself.

"I never been to school before; never had friends, it is all sort of... new to me."

"She's lying and I'll expose her for the fake that she is-"

"Oh no Marinette not that again. She is not a liar. Your just jealous of Lila cause she tried to hit on Adrien."

"I am not falling for your trap Lila."

That hurt me. I promised myself that I would somehow get out of that mess.

Hesitantly, the glass came into contact to my skin. Blood oozed out mercingly, dripping all the way to my elbow. What have I done?! I am the guardian of Paris and I was thinking on ending myself! I am so f*ckin selfish.

Suddenly a shadow peered out of the corner of my eye. I wasn't alone.