✿.。.☆Chapter 30☆.。.✿

Pretended
Family
(ヶ芋壱)
★·.·'¯'·.·★.·'¯'·.·★

【 Warning: Language, Blood,】

(3rd POV)

"The bond between Nezuko and me. . . Can't be. . ." Bits of droplets of Nezuko's blood stained on his blade, glowing before bursting into flame as Tanjiro used his strength to make his blade go through, successfully decapitation Rui's head"

"Severed By Anyone!"

From a distance, the bursting flames were like fireworks in the sky.

Rui's head flies off till he drops, along with his body and Tanjiro, over-exhaustion. Nezuko's unconscious body slowly lowered herself as the threads that kept her restrained in midair began to slowly spread the low flame she conjured and burn it. She falls head down, landed harshly on her back. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro called to his sister. "Nezuko!"

"I-I won! I won. . ." He mutters as he recalls the moment in the battle where his flashback or the spirit of his loving father helped him defeat Rui.

'My Father saved me! I'm not sure why I was able to unleash that attack with the kagura that's been in our family for generations. but that was what saved me!'

'I was able to beat him!'

Tanjiro slowly pushes his body up, looking at Nezuko's sleeping body from afar as his eyesight becomes a blur. 'Huh? I can't see Nezuko. Is it because I took way too many breaths?' In an instant, Tanjiro's chest ached badly as he put a hand against it before falling back to the floor. 'This ringing in my ear is brutal! My whole body is throbbing with pain!' Even though his body was aching, he doesn't want to leave his sister's side. He held onto his broken blade and used his arm to crawl over to Nezuko. 'Heal up fast! I'm still not done fighting! I gotta go save Inosuke! Right Away!'

Then a brief scent caught Tanjiro's nose, the scent of Rui's blood. He stops crawling. 'The scent of blood just got stronger!' A drop of sweat falls from his forehead. 'Come to think of it, it didn't give off the smell of ash. Don't tell me. . . ' Tanjiro thought, thinking back to every demon he encountered. Footsteps were heard behind him, the sound of crunched leaves and thin sticks, it was Rui's decapitated body making another appearance.

'Even though I chopped off his head?'

"You thought you'd defeated me?" Rui asked. His hand pulled onto the attached thread on his finger, lowering his head upside down with threads attached to his neck. "Poor kid. Did your pathetic delusion bring you joy?" His emotion questionably changes to an angry approach. "I cut off my head myself with my own threads. . . before you could chop it off." He explained almost rudely. "Enough. I'll kill both you and your sister. I haven't been this enraged in a long time."