I Can Take It From Here!

At the Butterfly Mansion

I'm just showing Himari some of my techniques because she's been asking me to for the whole day.

Himari: Big brother, show me more moves!

Asahi: Haha Himari, I'm getting a little bit tired..

Himari: Aw okay then.. Promise me you'll show more later.

Asahi: Gotcha!

I put down the wooden katana then head on inside along with Himari. Inside, I ask Aoi, one of the helpers at the Butterfly Mansion on where Tanjiro is. She said he's inside Nezuko's room.

I walk towards the room, then knock on the door. Soon after that, Tanjiro said to come in. I am greeted with a very sweet smile from him.

Asahi: I got to say, Tanjiro. Your sister is very extraordinary and strong, being a demon and being able to resist eating humans.. Instead protecting us from demons..

Tanjiro: Yes, she is... I know one day I can turn her back into a human.

Asahi: I believe in you, buddy. I'll be by your side the whole way..

Tanjiro: Thank you, Asahi.. I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Tanjiro smiled with tears slowly falling from his eyes.

I talked with Tanjiro for a while then head outside the room. I don't really have anything to do for now, so I decided to do some simple training outside.

While training, I can't help but feeling some kind of presence near me. It feels like someone is watching.. I look around then I spot the person. It was Shinobu, she's sitting on the roof. I jump towards her.

Shinobu: Haha I guess you saw me.

Asahi: What are you doing on the roof?

Shinobu: I was here just thinking stuff, until I saw you out here training.

Asahi: Thinking about what?

Shinobu: Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it.

Asahi: You can't hide everything behind that smile of yours, Shinobu-san. You know you can always count on me, right?

Shinobu looks shocked

Shinobu: Wow.. I guess you can see through me, huh. Well, I guess it won't hurt.. It's about my sister.

Asahi: Come to think of it, I don't think you've ever told me what happened to her. O-Only if you want to, of course!

Shinobu: Hm.. I don't mind sharing. Well you see, my sister, Kanae is a good-natured woman with an easygoing personality, she is almost always seen with a gentle smile on her face. She also had a dream of someday being able to live peacefully alongside despite all the suffering and death they have inflicted on humans, which inspired me so much. She even became the Flower Hashira.

Asahi: What happened?

Shinobu: Well one day, she ran into the Upper Rank 2 demon. She was fatally wounded during the encounter, but the demon was forced to flee from the rising sun before it could take her. 

Shinobu: As she lay dying in my arms, she tried to convince me to leave the Demon Slayer Corps to live a normal life, but I am dead set on avenging her. With the last of her strength, Kanae described the demon to me before succumbing to her wounds.

Shinobu: E-Eh? Asahi, you're crying?

Asahi: I-Im sorry, Shinobu-san! Your sister sounds like a good person and now I know where you got that smile from.. I'm sure she's very proud of who you've become today!