Chapter 2

The memory of Peeta is now threatening, and I fight to keep it out of my mind. My arm still stings with pain.
I've been left in the cell, alone. I can't bring myself to touch the cold meal set in front of me. The screams and pain will probably make it come back up, anyway.
"Peeta is not my enemy, Peeta is not my enemy." I think. Peeta is not my enemy, over and over again, repeatedly. The memory is strong, and fresh, and powerful, but it's only one memory. The rest are still intact. Peeta is not my enemy, and I know that. For now, at least I do.
I think back to the arena. My memory has cleared up a bit, and I can remember why I'm here. I recall a hovercraft. I dreaded it coming for me and Beetee to finish me off. To tear my eyes out and make me a mutt. To torture me. It did not, it didn't even approach Beetee and I, but another one did.
I don't know what happened to Beetee, though. He was there one moment, gone the next. I hope he's okay. Probably better than Johanna and I, at least. I lean my head against the wall, defeated. So much for not giving in to the Capitol.
——————————————————————————
Eventually, I hear the splash of water and Johanna's ear-piercing screeches. I cover my ears and squeeze my eyes shut. "Where are they?" I hear an angry voice question. When a silence follows it, I more splashing and another zap. Poor Johanna was being tortured for information. I'm not sure if she has it or not, but if the Capitol is questioning her, it's likely they suspect she does, or they'd be interrogating me, too, but I think they know I don't.
After what feels like an eternity, Johanna's screams die down into whimpers like they did yesterday, and I know what's coming. What's bound to come for who knows how long...
The whimpers fade, and the same man and woman burst into my cell. I vaguely wonder which tape it is they'll play today.
It's when I drugged Peeta to go to the feast. It feels so long ago, yet so close. I sigh when it ends, but quickly return to my senses. I look for the woman who's going to inject me, but I don't see her.
I whip around a moment too late, and she's injected my arm. I shriek in pain. The man is on my other side in a flash and stabs a second needle into my skin. I feel a blissful sleep wrap around me.
I wake up woozy and tired. I can't remember anything, but soon, it all rushes back to me, and I'm overwhelmed by it. I can't even bring myself to eat.
I gasp with panic. He's coming. He's coming for me, Peeta. He's angry. He'll hurt me.

The rest of the day is worse than death.
————————————————————
I'm in my cell, fighting to stay sane, but it seems to become more and more impossible every passing moment. He's not my enemy, I have many other memories to prove it, but somehow, the altered two are overpowering.
I hear footsteps, and terror stretches through me. He's here. Peeta. Or the people who inject me with Tracker Jacker venom. I don't know which is worse.
All I know is that what I'm greeted by is far more devastating than either of my thoughts were.