Not exactly an afterparty

(Back in Shao Kahn's throne room, all of his lieutenants (Baraka, Goro, Sheeva, Ermac, Kotal, Shang Tsung and Motaro) are discussing what to do next)

Goro: Shao Kahn is finished.

Baraka: The emperor is not dead!

Goro: But he did fail Outworld.

Shang Tsung: Might I add that you did not fare better either?

(Goro growls and takes a step forward. Shang Tsung keeps an amused look, unphased)

Shao Kahn: Prince Shokan.

(The lieutenants turn around. Shao Kahn is walking toward them with Quan Chi by his side)

Shang Tsung: Emperor.

(Everyone except Goro bows before him)

Shao Kahn: I hear you seek to replace me.

Goro: Emperor, I-

Shao Kahn: Not. One. Word. Because of all of you, we lost the deal. All you had to do, was win! Now we have to gather recourses for an alternative!

Kotal: An alternative?

Quan Chi: The emperor and I have been talking and we may yet have a plan. Invasion.

Shang Tsung: Invasion?

(Shao Kahn holds his hand up. Tsung immediately quiets but very cautiously starts speaking)

Shang Taung: My apologies, emperor. But Sindel's Ward prevents you from setting foot in Earthrealm, does it not?

Quan Chi: Have you considered why Sindel chose to betray Outworld in this particular fashion?

(No one speaks but Ermac seems to be paying attention)

Quan Chi: She realized that the safeguards afforded by the Elder Gods through Mortal Kombat are but fiction. She sacrificed herself to give Earthrealm protection the Elder Gods could not. So Earthrealm could not suffer as Edenia had.

Shao Kahn: Indeed.

(The scene cuts to a desert wasteland in Earthrealm. Quan Chi and Noob Saibot are standing before a green swirling of magic)

Quan Chi voice over: Skarlet is a living example that I have mastered the spells necessary for her resurrection. Her ward will be nullified. And with it the barrier that prevents your entry into Earthrealm.

(From the magical swirl, a skeletal hand raises itself from the ground)

Quan Chi voice over: I will return her to you, of course.

(Another skeletal hand reaches from beneath the sand)

Quan Chi voice over: You will find her much more... cooperative.

Sheeva voice over: Emperor, are you sure we can trust him?

Quan Chi voice over: I wish only to serve.

(The rest of the skeleton pulls itself from the sand)

(Quan Chi rolls the skeleton over with his magic and begins reproducing its former muscle mass, blood, organs and skin. The skeleton screams out loud as the process completes itself. Noob cautiously readies himself in a combat stance as Quan Chi approaches the form. Finally, the newly resurrected woman - Queen Sindel - sits upright. Not a stitch of clothing on her)

Quan Chi: Sindel.

Sindel: Quan Chi?

Quan Chi: Shao Kahn looks forward to your return.

Sindel: The emperor?

(Quan Chi motions to Noob, who lets his guard down)

Sindel: What of Kitana?

Quan Chi: Kitana now allies herself with Earthrealm.

(Sindel thinks for a second)

Sindel: Is she safe?

Quan Chi: Does it matter?

(He stands up)

Sindel: It matters to me.

(Quan Chi's hand starts glowing once more, a green energy surrounding Sindel's body.
Her pupils glaze over with white)

Quan Chi: How do you feel now?

Sindel(robotically): Kitana... is no longer my daughter.. Take me to Shao Kahn.

Quan Chi: Yes, Empress.

(He stands up)

Quan Chi(to Noob): The invasion of Earthrealm can now begin.