Sketchy Gas Station Gays

"Have a wonderful day! See you next time!"

"In hell."

"Shut up." Sou whispered harshly.

Sou and Midori both worked at the gas station together, and they were nearing the end of their shift.

"Can you behave for like...ten more minutes?"

"Mmm, I dunno...It might cost you another secret."

Sou rolled his eyes; Midori had a system where whenever Sou wanted him to do something, he'd ask for a secret. So far Sou had been able to give away pretty tame information, but the well was drying up.

"No. Just do it out of the goodness of your heart."

"You've been refusing me more and more lately...could it be? Are we finally getting to the good stuff?" Midori asked, his eyes sparkling.

"No. I've run out of secrets."

"Oh now I know that isn't true." Midori waved a dismissive hand.

"Sorry." Sou shrugged. "Guess you'll never know. Sucks, huh?"

"...I'll scream."

"No you won't."

Ten minutes came and went, and the two closed up and went to Sou's car. But Midori had his keys. Sou opened the door and frowned at him.

"Okay, first of all, when did you take my keys, and second of all, why didn't you lock the door?"

"What's the point? Do you have anything valuable in here?" Midori's eyes were wide and innocent.

Sou sighed and got in, closing the door. Midori followed suit, and Sou held out his hand.

"Unless you wanna drive."

"No. I want a secret."

"Midori. Give me my keys."

"I will. But then you have to give me a secret."

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Yes, just give me the keys."

Midori handed him the keys and Sou sighed, starting up the car and pulling it out of the parking lot.

"...Well?"

"Here's my secret." Sou grinned. "I lied. Just now. That was my secret. And it meets the requirements so you can't be mad."

"Oh, Sou, if you lying met the requirements of a secret, I'd know everything about you. Which, I do, but the fun is hearing you say it."

"Oh, you know everything about me, huh?"

"That's right."

"Yeah, okay. So the only reason you want my secrets is because you want me to verbally say them outloud?"

"Correct."

"Sure..." Sou shook his head. "Alright then. Say my secrets. And I'll admit then outloud."

"...Are you sure? I think you'd much rather admit them of your own volition."

"I'm calling your bluff, Midori."

"...Very well. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'll wait until we get home. Wouldn't want you crashing the car in shock."

Sou chuckled softly; it was clear he didn't believe him. Midori would just come up with an excuse as soon as they got home, he was sure of it. He was only trying to make him say something he didn't want to say. Because there's no possible way he could know about those two things...

Right?

When they arrived home they went straight to Sou's room, their usual hangout, and sat across from each other on his bed.

"Alright." Sou yawned. "Make it quick. I'm tired."

Midori simply stared at him, a smile on his face.

"Just remember, you promised to admit it!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Oh, Sou...You talk in your sleep."

"Is that...the secret-"

"You like being tickled."

Sou's eyes widened and he felt all the blood rush to his face.

Quickly. Do something. Protest. Anything.

But...how?

"Don't tell me...what did I...say?" Sou could only murmur.

"It was literally "I could never tell Midori" and then a few nights later it was "He'd think it was weird" and then a week later it was "He'd make fun of me if he knew I liked being tickled" which made me get up to check whether you were really asleep, and you were, so you are just hilariously unlucky-"

"It's not...I'm not..."

"Ah ah ah!" Midori leaned forward and Sou leaned back. "You promised to admit it. So go on. Admit it."

"I don't have to! You know!" Sou barked.

"But you know that's not what matters to me. I want to hear you say it...or...Do I have to...?" Midori smirked and Sou felt his heart pound against his ribs. "Ehehehe...I don't find it weird, you know..."

He leaned forward so much Sou fell back onto the bed, staring up at him in fear.

"I find it quite adorable."

They continued to stare at each other, then Midori quickly sat up, beaming.

"But anyway! I'm off to bed. Aren't I so generous, I'm giving you plenty of time to think over exactly how you'd like to admit it...Now then, goodnight!"

Sou watched Midori leave the room with a completely baffled look on his face; once he was gone every muscle in his body relaxed and he let out a shaky sigh.

...Fuck.