2 - FIRST DAY END

After deciding who was where, Yusei and his team got ready to receive as Arakawa bounced the ball.

Kentaro was the one who was reffing, putting on his whistle before ascending the ref stand. After seeing everyone ready, he blew the whistle to signal serve.

Arakawa did a jump top spin serve, and he aimed it at Yusei. He probably hadn't thought it through because he received it flawlessly, sending it right back to the setter.

"Nice receive!" Tajima called, "right side!"

"Left!"

"Go middle!"

Nishi took a moment to decide, but as soon as he saw Yusei take off he knew his choice was made.

Block? What block?

Yusei grinned as he hit it over Sadow who was blocking and the ball bounced right on the end line.

Kentaro looked mildly surprised while everyone else watched in awe as their new ace landed.

"HOLY SHIT UDAI-KUN WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR VERTICAL?!" Tajima demanded as the boy thought for a second.

"350cm last time I checked."

"Dude, that's nuts!" He looked at him wide eyed as the dude shrugged it off. "That's the highest jump in the prefecture!"

"Well that just means it'll be easier to win." Yusei pointed out, "come on, that was only the first point."

"Man aren't chu a cool cucumber!" Tajima smacked him on the back with a laugh. "Alright then, let's keep going!"

The rest of the game went nicely, both setter's doing very well and spreading the ball around. There was only twice that someone got Yusei's spikes up, and at the end, all of the third years knew that Yusei was a rare talent just like his brother was. The only difference was that he was definitely better.

"We have two months until the Interhigh preliminary matches begin, let's focus on developing our skills and fine tuning our teamwork." Kentaro told the team.

"Right!" The team echoed.

"Also, Kisekio has something for the first years." He continued, then stepped aside as a girl walked forward with a box.

"Here you go," She said, giving each of them a smile as she handed over a jacket and sweat pants. "Let me know if you need anything!"

"O-of course!" The other first years blushed, but Yusei just yawned.

"Sure thing." he said, then tried on the jacket.

"Dude! You look awesome!"

"Thanks." Yusei smirked as he zipped the jacket up and then moved his arms to see how well it fit. Seems good enough, he decided. It was black with blue side stripes, which were the colors of Anaguma High School.

"Welcome to the team." Kentaro said, which caused a moment of silence before Yusei and Tajima burst out laughing.

"Agahha, wow mister stoic, nice one!"