10 - DEMON KING

The next day, the match was also won in straight sets. As Yusei was walking to go refill his water after the match, a reporter stopped him. "Excuse me! I'd like to ask you a few questions!"

"Sure." Yusei nodded, a hand in his pocket while the other held his water bottle.

"Your name is Yusei Udai, correct? Are you related to the previously dubbed tiny giant Tenma Udai?"

Refraining from a grimace, Yusei nodded. "Yes, I am."

"I can definitely see it! You both jump like monsters, but you seem to be more of a trump card than your brother was. Any thoughts on this?"

"That's the point, I want to be better than him. And I can confidently say that I am." The smirk and confidence were obvious in his voice as he said this, "Just like he was a monster on the court and a nightmare for his opponents, I'm practically a demon."

"Wow!" The reporter exclaimed, her eyes widened. "And you're only a first year, correct?"

"That's right. Which means I have all three years to kick everyone's asses." he smirked.

"I'm sure teams will excitedly accept your challenge," The reporter laughed, "Anyway, it also seems that you share your brother's height issues, which is where the jumping power comes into play. You've already faced two opponents so far in this tournament, and they both had players much taller than you-"

"Doesn't matter. Height might be an advantage, but it isn't everything. Whoever lets the ball touch the floor first loses. If someone has a tall player who can attack for all they're worth but can't defend for shit, who gives a damn? If you can't get the ball up, you can't attack, and then all that height is useless." he explained, the reporter's eyes wide again. "Any other questions?"

"Um, what do you think your odds are for your next opponents? The game which decided your next opponent finished a few minutes ago." The reporter said, making Yusei quirk an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? I didn't notice, who was it?"

"Shiratorizawa."

As soon as the name past her lips, Yusei's face contorted. His chin lifted, a cocky smirk appearing as his eyes glinted with pride. "We'll be just fine."

"You really think so?" The reporter seemed astonished, "Shiratorizawa is known for their powerful players, and they have Ushiwaka-"

"That might be true, but as long as I'm around," Yusei said, turning slightly as his eyelids dropped, narrowing his gaze, "They don't stand a chance." With that, he walked away, leaving the reporter, camera man, and live viewers later stunned.

~•~

"I CANNOT LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR A SECOND!" Kentaro punched Yusei's head, making him yelp and hold the spot while giving him a death glare. "You are the absolute worst!"

"What has your panties in a twist?" he grumbled, pursing his lips as he kept his eye on him to make sure he wouldn't hit him again.

"This." He shoved coach's tablet at him, showing the interview. "You have got to tone it down."

"I did though! I talked to her like she was my equal!" Yusei defended. "Why do you scrutinize everything I do?!"

"Because you are a walking provocation machine!"

"I know! That's my job!"

"Not 24/7!"

"Actually yes it is!"

"No it is not!"

"Udai-kun you are so badass!" Nishi ran over to the two arguing, grinning widely at the first year. "That little interview is literally trending right now!"