Cassidy Williams

Cassidy Williams otherwise known as Angel Dynamite is a DJ of her radio station in Crystal Cove.

We meet this character in Season 1 episode Escape from Mystery Manor.

We also learn in season 1 she was one of the original members of the 1st Mystery Incorporated that allegedly vanished into the caves of Crystal Cove twenty years ago.

Cassidy along with Brad Chiles, Judy Reeves, Ricky Owens and their parrot mascot Professor Pericles formed the original Mystery Incorporated.

We learn that Cassidy had kept a diary which contained her romantic fantasies with Ricky and she also journal-ed about going to the Darrow Family Mansion to retrieve a piece of the planispheric disk.

The gang don't find the planispheric disk piece in the Darrow Family Mansion.

Brad becomes suspicious about the activity in the old Spanish Church one night they immediately investigate while Pericles flies off and witnessed something dash past and Ricky stops him by climbing up an organ. The organ breaks and Professor Pericles appears again and says that it was a possum.

They are lead to a scroll that takes them to a piece of the planispheric disk that was hidden in the pipes.

They then go to Fred Jones Sr for advice about the pieces.

The gang all follow Professor Pericles accurate calculations around the caves of Crystal Cove where they are able to find a piece of a piece of the plasnispheric disk.

Pericles then uses Judy's locket to get the piece of the plasnispheric disk and this sets off a booby trap. They  immediately leave the caves and Judy accidentally leaves her locket behind without realising.

The Freak of Crystal Cove appears and blackmails the gang into leaving town by fake documents about their parents being involved in certain crimes
They give the piece over and leave town.

Ricky Owens then becomes known as Mr E also brings Cassidy back to Crystal Cove and they start working with each other.

Cassidy changes her name and calls herself Angel Dynamite and becomes a DJ at K Ghoul.

Angel (Cassidy) becomes a great person that helps the second generation of Mystery Incorporated with various crimes throughout Season 1.

She also helps the gang out numerous times with different mysteries and at the end she reveals the truth about her identity to Fred, Shaggy, Daphne and Scooby. Velma had already been told the truth before the rest of the gang and kept it between themselves.

She also pleaded with Brad and Judy to forget about the Planispheric disk and told them to be there for Fred and urged them to make sure that Fred and the rest of the gang  should be protected at all costs.

She ends up being threatened by Brad.

During Season 2 she still has her job being a DJ in K-Ghoul she still wants the best outcome for the gang and still feels bad for not telling Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby the truth about her identity.

During a Season 2 episode Cassidy's place of work was invaded by 6ft World War 2 German Robots that were created by Professor Pericles. She defends herself well against the robots and immediately leaves the building and seconds later the building immediately explodes as she runs away when she does run away she ends up meeting the gang and then  the 6ft tall World War 2 German Robots appear again to attack everyone but Cassidy is prepared to deal with the situation and instantly shoots each of the robots.

She would have one final encounter with the robots towards the end of the episode.

She risks her life to save the gang and the two boys that volunteered to help them with their mission. She also gives Daphne a bit of advice on love to which Daphne instantly realises that Angel was talking about her old relationship with Ricky and tells Daphne that the heart wants it wants, don't remember that too late, you'll regret it.

An otter swims up from the water and holds a broken helmet to show that Cassidy sadly died.

My Opinion on Cassidy

I loved Cassidy in this show she is one of my favorite characters of the show.

I loved her brave, confident and fearless personality.

She was always willing to speak to the gang and offered her help to the gang if they needed it.

I knew at the end of Season 1 where she tells Brad and Judy to forget about the Planispheric disk and  pleaded with them to prioritize the safety of Fred and his friends but she gets threatened by Brad.

This incident shows me that Cassidy has a caring side to her personality.

She is well aware that she is betraying the trust of the gang and only told them about the plans of Mr E despite them not knowing his identity in the beginning.

She had always wanted the best outcome for the gang and realizes that they are good kids that deserve better.

She bravely sacrificed her life in order for the safety of the two boys and the gang.

I was honestly shocked to see Cassidy die in Season 2.

Once the Evil Entity was removed from Crystal Cove it was nice to see that she was happy again being with Ricky and working with him.

I was delighted to see that she was happy in the end.

I also think that her voice actress Vivicka A Fox seems suitable for the role.