Season 1 Review

This show begins in a brand new location called Crystal Cove, a well known attraction with a strong reputation for being one of the most haunted place on Earth.

We learn about a previous generation of Mystery Incorporated which consisted of Brad Chives, Judy Reeves, Cassidy Williams, Ricky Owens and their parrot mascot Professor Pericles they all mysteriously disappeared for an unknown reason which we all find out the real reason why the group had dispersed towards the end of this season.

This season gives us a perfect element of mystery and suspense.

The present members of Mystery Incorporated are voiced by their well known actors, Frank Welker voices Fred Daphne's Dad Barty Blake and Scooby Doo. Daphne is voiced by Grey DeLisle, Velma is voiced by Mindy Cohn and Shaggy is voiced by the iconic Matthew Lilard.

Velma in this season has a complicated relationship with her parents Angie and Dale. He wants his daughter to dress and act more girly but doesn't really comment much on the matter.

Angie is more encouraging towards her daughter embracing her unique identity.

One of the most interesting twists of this season is that Velma and Shaggy start dating each other which is an amazing contrasts of their personalities and experiencing their first taste of love.

They don't last long and end up breaking up after realising that they are better off being friends.

Daphne lives in the family mansion with her parents and five sisters she is the only sibling who has different interests in comparison to her sisters.

Barty and Nan don't show much support towards her interest of solving mysteries and especially hate Fred.
They don't think that he matches their idealist profile of a partner for their daughter.

Daphne is happy enough being with Fred and doesn't show much interest in her parents ideas and is aware that she is being forced to agree with her parents suggestions.

She is clear about how she feels about Fred and is happy with their relationship and is emotionally overwhelmed when he asks her to marry him.

Fred has a completely different personality type in this show than on other specials of this franchise. He is an only child who lives with Mayor Jones who he thinks that this man is his actual father. He is curious to find out about the identity of his biological mother and doesn't understand why she isn't present in his life.

He thinks about a photo of a blonde haired woman from a newspaper article with no name mentioned underneath the picture, we learn that this photo is not of his actual mother but an actual picture of someone else. The relationship that he has with his apparent father isn't strong at all.
Mayor Jones doesn't support his son's interest of solving mysteries with his friends and thinks that Fred and the gang would damage the tourism image of the town.

He is in a great relationship with Daphne. He knows that he truly loves her but has trouble communicating these feelings to her.

The identity of the Freak of Crystal Cove is Mayor Jones, Fred starts to instantly realise this when the Freak helps him up from the falling rubble, he isn't very happy with this suitation.

Mayor Jones reveals why he actually came to Crystal Cove due to his interest of getting some of the pieces of the Planispheric disk that the original Mystery Incorporated members were searching for and blackmailed them into leaving town or their loved ones would feel the wrath of the Freak.

Fred is very angry about everything and is told that the mayor isn't his actual father at all.

I think that Fred was taken away from his biological parents as this man was aware that they were a dangerous pair of individuals that wouldn't be trusted with a child. This tells me that Mayor Jones obviously cares deeply about him and felt that he had to tell lies just to keep him away from harm.

I'd like to apologise for my absence with this review book as I've lost motivation on several occasions and I have been busy trying to get things organised for myself in the New Year.