20

Y/N

-

I laughed, staring at my phone. "Your new fling?"

Timothee chuckled. "I've never done that before: a 'fling'. But Hollywood really seems to think I have."

Timothee and I weren't officially dating, but it was obvious we'd grown fond of each other over the past few weeks. We'd bunked together in two connected hotel rooms for the past five days, after I decided I needed a break from everyone, especially when Sara and all my friends booked it to spend the rest of break in LA. There were even floating rumors that they were all going to drop out of college.

I was the last of my friend group who hadn't turned to bright lights to soothe my aching soul; and that was partially because of Timothee. He held me in Upstate, knowing I was going to have to deal with Bebe's death face-on. I had shoved the letter in my suitcase before hopping in Timothee's car. 

"I think the press thinks we're dating," I said, a half-contented sigh escaping my mouth. He nodded. "I think I think I'm dating."

"Me too," I said, walking over to him. "Pretty sure we became official a few days ago. Or something."

"Or something," he muttered, embracing me in a hug. "You mean more to me than I thought anyone else could."

I buried my face in his chest--his white t-shirt smelled of clean cotton and cologne. I smiled. He released the hug and looked at me, saying bluntly: "All the stars in the sky, they don't shine as bright as you."

"Oh, astronomy puns? You're getting good." I giggled before sighing. "God, I love you. It's corny; we've only just met."

"We've only just begun," he corrected. "It feels like we've known each other for ages."

I let out a snicker before sitting on his bed. The sun seamed through the half-open curtains, the warm afternoon sun resting on my neck and face. "You know, Timmy," I said, laying on the bed, sprawling my arms out, "I think I could get used to this."
He laughed, walking over to me and crossing his arms. "What, the hotels? Or me?"
"Yes," was my decided answer.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bed. My eyes were still closed in a reluctant manner and I shook my head. "I wanna stay in bed. I wanna sleep and let the world go by."

He fell on the bed next to me before I could say anything else; and we drifted off to sleep.

-

A/N: changing format guys <3