Chapter 2 Natasha's point of view

"Once again!" I exhaled loudly and turned again. " Feet Natalia !" I stop and exhale loudly."Is it that hard, if you keep going like this you'll never get out of here" I crouched down on the floor and looked closely at Ms. B. "I Have No Place in the World" She walked around me "Exactly!" She made a loud noise. "Again! Go." I slowly stood up and raised my hands in the air to remind myself again of the steps Ms. B keeps screaming into my brain. *Now you gotta get it right Natalia!* I kept telling myself over and over again. Right I was afraid, I was afraid of never getting out of here and yes I was afraid of Mrs. B and what she could do to completely destroy me. "No! No! No, Natalia, what's that about!" I sat on the floor and put my hands on my legs. "It doesn't work and I can't do it, it's too hard!" Ms. B interrupts me, "It's not about if you can Natalia, it's about if you want to." I exhale loudly, maybe she's not wrong, maybe I just want to get out of here and can't think of anything else. "It's okay! Rest up, tomorrow is the selection." I packed my things and went into the cabin to change. I sat down on the bench and pulled my knees up to me. * The Selection* New children are selected to die so that new ones can be added. I've seen 1000 elections, at least that's how it seems to me, too many, too many little girls being dragged off the streets just to be killed? I know what it's like to just be alone and helpless and then end up here. I closed my eyes to believe for a moment that everything would get betI exhaled and left the room. You can say that getting lost is quite common here, which is no wonder with so many walks. I went towards the canteen where everyone met to eat. I opened the door and sat in my assigned seat. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere!" I looked down from my plate straight into the eyes of my younger sister, yelena. She had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. "I was training," I replied shortly . "With whom? With Mrs.B?"Now she looked at me with a serious look and I lowered my head again, "Exactly." Yelena exhaled loudly. "Are you alright?" I stared *what can I say? Should I tell her the truth that Ms.B is just killing me?* I lifted my head and gave a small but believable grin. "I'm fine"Yelena poked around in the food with her fork. "It's that time again tomorrow, isn't it?" I looked to the right where all the other kids were sitting who are about 6-18. "I-yes-yes it will be like it was 3 months ago" I noticed how yelena lost her appetite and she couldn't eat anything anymore, that's how I felt in such situations. I know it's ugly but we don't get elected" Yelena raised her head "how do you know that nat?" She is right, i couldn't have known how, no one knows it happened so suddenly and the shock is huge. "I just know it." We turned back to our food.

20 minutes later

I stood in front of the mirror and brushed my teeth, at least i had my own bathroom. I washed my face and got into my bed, but I couldn't sleep. These thoughts kept coming. *You are not enough natalia, try harder. Your sister or you will be chosen. You should just give up.* I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling, What would I do for a minute's rest. I can hardly remember the time in front of the red room, it's like my life is already here. Well I almost am too, I was sent here when I was 4 and now I'm 17. I was one of the youngest in the red room . I just want to get out of here. You can imagine it like this. The rooms are locked at night and there are no windows, just a lamp hanging from the ceiling. You are trained as a widow, which means you are taught how to kill people. I hate it, I hate doing those stupid ballet classes at Ms. B but worst of all I hated how they put little kids in that hell. I curled up and pulled my blanket up over my nose and closed my eyes and after a while i fell asleep.