Chapter 5 natashas view

"The 3 girls are greys,.anable and yelena" *Yelena?* I couldn't move, it didn't feel real. "Come up please!" I was frozen. Yelena took my hand and then let go. She slowly stepped out of line when I realized it. "YELENA NO!!" She turned and looked so deep into my eyes that I thought she was looking through me. "YELENA!" I ran to the front where the girls made way for me. I hugged her as tightly as I could and let my tears flow. Yelena gently stroked my back. "It's okay nat, look at me." I faced her "Stay strong okay? Remember pain only makes you stronger." our mum used to tell us when we got hurted and started crying. "Never let her into your heart."Yelena was about to leave when I grabbed her arm. "I don't want to let you go."She gave me one last smile as she was taken upstairs. "Good, we've done that, now the new ones are coming in." I slowly walked back to my seat and buried my face in my hands. 3 girls entered the room. I guessed them at 10, 12 and 15. I didn't even look at them properly. " This is Anna, Vanessa and Y/N." I lifted my head and looked at each one of them.They were well built and you could tell they didn't had the happiest past. "Okay, that's it, I want you all to meet up later in the canteen to eat." I put my chair back to the side and left the room, I just wanted to sleep and never wake up again. I didn't know what to do, she was just gone! It was like she never existed and I think she's already dead,even if I hate to think about it.I sat down on my bed and just couldn't stand these 4 walls anymore. I didn't want to cry, I wasn't allowed to. *I have to stay strong or they will see me as vulnerable.* I knew exactly what happened to girls when they were considered vulnerable here ,they will be eliminated without hesitation.It was already 2 p.m. so I set off for training .

"You're too late!" I stood in front of a target and picked up a gun. "Hmm.. since when so motivated?" I didn't respond to this sentence and started shooting at the target over and over again, it was built like a person and had 1 big circles. It wasn't good to say I enjoyed shooting objects, but it freed me. My teacher, whose name was Lillian, has been training me since I came here. *It's your fault that yelena is dead, you're so stupid and selfish." I fall to the ground "Natalia?Is everything ok?" I bowed my head." Yes...yes, it's just my balance isn't that good today." I braced myself on my hands and stood up again. "We can take a break if you want!"
I picked up the gun again." No, no, everything is all right!"She slowly walked up to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "I know what happened to yelena!" I moved a little to the side." Excuse me?" Lillian took a step towards me. "I know what happened to yelena and I'm so sorry, and-" I interrupted her "No! No this has nothing to do with yelena!" I took a step back." I know how that feels, I lost my family too." I couldn't believe how could she. "I'm not talking about my family or Yelena!" "Natalia!" "No leave me alone!" I ran out of the room, I saw the canteen in front of me and opened the door to sit down because I knew that nobody was here at that time. With quiet steps I sat down at my table. *Letting it all out, just once* I put my head on the table and closed my eyes. *when will this all end.*I started crying quietly hoping no one saw. *I can't do it   anymore*. For the first time in my life I just felt empty.

I can't tell how long I lay here and cried, maybe an hour or two? I looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall and realized that there was food right away. I closed my eyes once more when I heard someone enter the room.