1.5 | THE HELP

"SO, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU NEED HELP WITH?" Irina asked as she messed with the knife Natasha gave back to her. "Isn't your whole thing being the world's help?" 

Bruce was sitting in a corner in fear of the woman. Of course, he knew Natasha's background and where she came from, but she had never been as hostile as Irina was. It was terrifying. "From what we've seen and been told, you're an expert fighter and know your way around this base."

"Какая база?" (Where's the base?) Since the whole run-in at the beginning, she only spoke Russian when she was speaking directly to Natasha.

"Sokovia." The name made chills go up through her spine. She had seen what they did there and it was scary. 

"Okay, so even if I had been there, why would I help you all?" Her voice was harsh and her accent was deep. 

"Because you need our help to stay away from where you came." Her eyes snapped to Stark. She didn't have to know him to hate him. He was annoying and stuck up. "Normally the KGB would just kill you, but you're special. Whoever is running it out has a bounty on you, and he only wants you alive."

Irina knew who ran the Red Room. Natasha did too. And whenever they heard of it they stiffened. 

"Fine. But I don't want any limits on me. I want weapons and access to tech." She stood up facing Tony. "If I find out you're holding out on me, I'll finish what I started earlier." She saw the fear in his eyes and thrived in it. 

"Okay Irina, that's enough." She turned around and walked over to Natasha, sitting beside her chair on the floor. 

"What is she, your little pet?" Tony teased.

"If you don't shut your mouth I will let Irina do it for you." Natasha hissed. The redhead nodded at Steve who began his presentation and rundown of the mission. 

|| ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ ||

Natasha had taken Irina back up to her room to get ready. "I'm sorry about Stark. He's a dick head."

"So I've noticed." Irina watched as Nat pulled out two suits from her closet. "About what you said earlier."

"Mhm?"

"About home. How it's all gone." She watched as Natasha's shoulders dropped a bit. "Are you... Are you positive it's all gone? I mean you knew my parents surely we could ru-"

"They're gone, Irina. I'm sorry. 

"What about my biological parents, are they d-"

"I'd have to do a DNA test to find out but you should just assume so at this point." She turned around to face the younger woman. "I'm so sorry Irina." She could see the pain in her eyes but Irina simply held out her hand for a suit. 

"I'll change in the bathroom."