1.8 | OHIO

"YOU IDIOT, SHE COULD'VE KILLED YOU!" Pietro shouted at his sister when he finally came to a stop. "Don't ever try something like that again. You know who she is, I know you've heard the rumors."

"Of course, I know who the Grim Reaper is I'm not dumb." Wanda played with her red magic as she spoke. "I was just having a bit of fun Pietro. Maybe I wanted to meet her." The boy rolled his eyes and smirked before running away at the speed of light. 

|| ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ | ⧗ ||

Irina didn't know how, but she was suddenly back in Ohio. A place she hadn't been in many many years. She felt like a ghost as she walked into her neighbor's yard where she fell in love with that blue-haired girl for the first time. Irina watched as the younger versions of Nat and herself walked hand in hand to find Natasha's little sister, Yelena. 

She watched as they had a contest as to who could stay in a backbend the longest before chasing each other around the yard. It didn't last long as Yelena fell and hurt her knee, tears spilling from her eyes. Irina watched as her younger self stood idly as Yelena was hushed and taken care of by Melina. 

Irina had known Melina her entire life and looked up to her, wishing her own mother would be as kind to her. Their parents had agreed to let the girls have a sleepover at their house and Nat and Irina were ecstatic. She watched as Melina gently spoke to the blonde before they got up and were distracted by lightning bugs.

She listened and watched as Melina described the bugs and how they were able to glow. When the older woman declared it was time for dinner, she watched as Nat and Irina stuck back for a moment before following. Irina, ever the polite child, helped set up dinner with the other girls while they waited for Alexei to get home. Irina had always been a bit scared of him, and even now as a full-grown adult, she flinched hearing his heavy footsteps. 

Before she knew it she was sat at the table, sitting quietly as Yelena talked imaginatively about the glowing bugs they had encountered. She knew what came next and wished to never live through it again. Her prayers apparently had been answered as Nat called her name through comms.

"Irina. Irina are you there?" She heard the worry in her friend's voice and stood up immediately. 

"Yes, sorry was in my head."

"Okay, Stark found a way in," Nat spoke as she worked to fight off agents and robots surrounding her still. "You close?"

"I'm already in."