Chapter 4

The team finally made it to the Ostrander Federal Building, Rick's team of soldiers taking a knee at a pile of rubble in front of the glass doors

The team finally made it to the Ostrander Federal Building, Rick's team of soldiers taking a knee at a pile of rubble in front of the glass doors. However, Blair stood up straight with Floyd just a few feet behind them, watching them with a look of amusement. They were so... stoic, military born and bred. Sure, she liked knowing what she was walking into too, but this was next level.

"Waller," Rick's southern drawl sounded in her ear. "We're about to enter the building, get that chopper ready."

Floyd glanced over at Blair, scanning the area herself, "You see anything?"

She shook her head slowly, "Nope."

He nodded, walking over to the group of soldiers, Blair following close behind. They wouldn't get anything done if they kept stopping at every closed door. Sometimes, you had to just walk into the unknown and damn the consequences if you wanted to get anything done.

Floyd stopped to lean over and speak in Rick's ear, "What do you say we get this over with?"

"The hell?" Rick glanced up with wide eyes as Floyd kept walking in the direction of the building. "Deadshot, fall back!" Blair shrugged, continuing to follow Floyd, even when Rick gave her a warning look, "Knight Wolf—"

"You gonna sit there all night or are you gonna walk in the big, scary building?" She smirked.

Floyd threw open the glass door, not hard, but hard enough that the glass shattered, crashing to the ground. He held it open, gesturing for her to walk through before falling into step next to her. Just as they had thought, the building seemed pretty empty, not a single movement anywhere.

Within seconds of them being inside, Rick appeared on Blair's left side, gun drawn just in case, "You mind if we tag along?"

Blair grinned, "More the merrier, cowboy."

"That the nickname?"

"Definitely not the nickname."

Floyd glanced over at them for a brief moment, rolling his eyes before focusing past the barrel of his gun. Blair shifted her gaze back to the empty lobby in front of her, smile still faint on her lips as she carefully scanned the area.

They stopped at the front desk, Blair twisting the computer monitor to watch the security cam footage. So far, there was nothing in the building, at least, nothing in the view of the security cameras. Rick watched over her shoulder, moving closer to her to let the others see as well. Harley watched him carefully before turning to look around the building.

"Oh, looks like we have a spot of luck, eh?" Boomerang observed with a grin. "A walk in the park, easy peasy."

Floyd stopped, turning to face him, "Don't make me shoot you."