Chapter 8

Blair slowly walked behind Rick, Harley by her side, not a single person speaking

Blair slowly walked behind Rick, Harley by her side, not a single person speaking. There was nothing to say, after all, they were about to fight a powerful witch with a plan to destroy the world. Whatever personal shit they had going on was going to have to wait, for some of them, that waiting might have to be forever.

The witch's storm crackled behind them as they pressed their backs against the columns out of her view. Blair stayed with Harley and Diablo as Rick and Floyd took the column across from them, Boomerang and Katana against the column closest to the hallway they had just walked out of.

Harley peered around the column, staring up at the storm of magic, "Hey, everyone can see all this trippy magic stuff right?"

Rick nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"I'm off my meds." Blair pulled her back out of sight, leaning her head against the concrete... or was it marble? It didn't matter, she needed to focus. Harley studied her closely, surprised to see Diablo doing the same. Something was up. "BW—"

"I'm fine." Blair said quickly, sitting up straighter. "Just getting ready."

Floyd looked over at Rick, "That's your 'ole lady, huh?"

Before he opened his mouth, Rick briefly met Blair's eyes across from him. "Uh, yeah."

"Well, you need to handle this shit, aight?" Floyd said, bringing his attention back. "Get up there, smack on her ass, tell her knock this shit off."

Rick shook his head, "I do not think that'd be wise." He looked past the column, canvassing the area before speaking to the team again. "Gonna draw out the big one, my boys will detonate the bomb underneath it."

It sounded like a solid plan, it was a solid plan, but it was also full of too many risks, risks Blair wasn't okay with making, risks like Rick getting killed. She leaned past Harley, looking at him in confusion, "You're going to what?"

"This is my responsibility."

"No, fuck that." She hissed, shaking her head. "You're not doing shit. You're not doing that shit. I'm not fucking letting you."

Rick narrowed his eyes, "You don't have a choice."

"I don't follow your orders." She was pissed off at him for lying to her, that was a fact, but despite how angry she was, she hated the idea of him dying more than she cared to admit. If anyone was going to die tonight, it was going to be her. No one else needed to die for this. This was what she was born for, what she had trained her entire life for. "You are not fucking dying for this, Rick. I won't allow it."

Rick opened his mouth to argue the same, that he wouldn't allow her to die either, but was cut off by Enchantress calling out, "I've been waiting for you all night." The argument between them stopped immediately. "Step out of the shadows I won't bite."

Harley glanced at Blair for a brief second before shrugging. Blair shook her head, trying to stop her before she did anything reckless. She slipped just out of Blair's reach, ready to walk past Rick and Floyd. Blair hissed in disbelief, "Harley!"