Chapter 38 : This Is Our Story

A/N : just a heads up, this is the final chapter!

Now read with all of your heart!

Zie out!! 😭

not me literally crying

________________________

The other day...

"I think you're in the wrong room." Fell spoke awkwardly.

"I think there's something you're not telling me." Error faced him with crossed arms. Ever since then he was doubting the whole situation, it didn't feel real. Sure Ink told a truth, but was it really the truth?

"I...hope it's not something bad." Fell shrugged. "Uh, are you still mad at me?"

"I am." Error replied right after. "I just think someone in this room isn't telling me the truth."

Fell sighed, attempting to spit a few unnecessary words but it wouldn't really help. "What truth are you looking for?"

"He's lying, isn't he? He's lying, I know he didn't mean what he said." Error persisted. Ink had always been bad at lying, even Blue suspected him from a small detail of Ink telling him to buy some milk.

"I–" Fell paused. Apart from not knowing how to reply, he's afraid to tell him something without Ink's consent considering that Ink was the one who lied for everyone's sake. If he were to tell Error what Ink was actually hiding, he wouldn't know if it was a good thing.
He thought about it for a moment, it is for a good cause. "If that's what you think then I'll let you think it that way."

"He's bad at lying. You know the– the money thing, it's just not real." Error spoke firmly before rubbing his forehead with his fingers. "But why would he lie?" He mumbled.

"I mean, I'm not sure if it was real 'cause I just got dragged into whatever shithole he went. If he's hiding something then I'm out of it."

Error sighed, he felt that he was right. "You don't understand. He stayed. He stayed when anyone couldn't." Error almost got to a point where he would stutter from the number of thoughts entering his head and the number of words he wants to say. "We talked like there was no deal in the first place. It felt like we were friends, it's like we were–"

"Inlove?" Fell cut him off, followed by a soft laugh that he tried to suppress.

"Stop laughing."

"It's funny, just then you're trying to aggressively befriend him and now you can't even tell if you're actually friends." Fell looked away to silently laugh on his own, even though he shouldn't.

Error scoffed. "It's not like I like him or anything."

It made Fell facepalm himself. It's taking them so long. He thought to himself as he heaved a sigh. "I have had enough of that behavior. You're in love, it's literally that simple."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I'll tell 'ya but first, you gotta tell me we're bros again." Fell lifted a fist, asking for a fistbump to know that their friendship is still strong.

Error raised a brow along with a scoff. "We've always been bros." He lifted a fist, hitting it against the other to officially confirm that they are indeed still the best of friends.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Fell wrapped an arm around his neck while pulling him outside the room, accidentally choking Error for the most part.

••••

Error sat down on his bed while ignoring the fact that his whole room was a mess. Blue approaching him so casually felt so strange and nostalgic. It has been a while since the last time they had an actual conversation with each other. He took the locket from his pocket and pulled it out, examining the accessory that had a golden metallic coat. It didn't take long for him to open it and grab the paper inside, feeling a little nervous from the thrill of reading the words written. He unfolded the paper and his eyes first fell on the greeting.