Chapter 27 - Forgiveness

A/N: Only one chapter remains... hope you enjoy xoxo

Though it was now daylight when the mysterious girl stepped into his cave, with her ever protective direwolf beside her, Jaime lamented that her face was still hidden beneath her cloak.

She kneeled before him this time, her direwolf growling at him as he watched her every move. When she pulled out another waterskin and some bread, Jaime actually sent a prayer to the Gods. His stomach rumbled at the sight of the bread and seemed to make her laugh.

"My hunger makes you laugh?" Jaime questioned with a lazy smile.

"Your stomach makes me laugh," She corrected him and fed him a piece of the bread. In an instant, it was gone, and his mouth opened for more; this time, he was given cool water.

She continued to feed him and give him a drink; he questioned whenever his mouth was empty, but she did not answer. His desperation to know more came to the surface when she stood, and he leaned forward to get a glimpse of her face, "Wait."

Grey Wind's face growling in his in an instant, it had Jaime scuttling back as quickly as he could.

"Shhh, Grey Wind," The girl bent down to the direwolf, and he watched on in shock as she placed her head on the beasts. "Estë na-car-tye, Grey Wind." (Peace be with you, Grey Wind.)

Jaime's brow raised the foreign tongue. When she raised, she turned back to him, "What?"

Jaime Lannister regarded her thoughtfully with those cool green eyes. "What is our next destination, the North or Riverrun?"

Her short laugh had Jaime smiling haughtily, "You must think me foolish if I would answer that question?"

"Foolish, frivolous," He shrugged, grinning at her. "Who knows the difference? Why do you hide beneath your hood?"

She was silent, and it unnerved him. When she spoke again, she seemed more hesitant, "You may not like what you see, Jaime Lannister."

Jamie wondered for a moment if that implied she thought she was ugly. He rattled his chains at her, "It's not like I can go anywhere."

Her hands reached up and slowly pushed her hood from her face. The white hair caught his attention first, but it was the eyes that had him choking on his own saliva; he knew those eyes well. The eyes of a man who trusted him, trusted him so much he turned his back on him and never lived to see another day.

"Aerys," Jaime gasped.

Her eyes left him to glance at the ground; it allowed Jaime to ground himself once more before she looked up at him with a crooked grin, "Not exactly. My name is Visenya, and yes, Aerys was my father."

Before I stabbed him in the back, Jaime thought to himself.

Now it was Jaime who was quiet as he tried to make sense of it all. Then it came to him, and he murmured, "The third month of every year."

"Yes," she smiled, and what a dazzling one it was.

"How?" Jaime wondered.

Visenya raised a brow, "How, what? How was I born? How can Aerys have a secret daughter? Or, how can I sit in front of the man who stabbed my father in his back?" Jaime winced at that one. "They call you the Kingslayer."

When she saw him wince again and his failure to hide it from her, she smirked and stood up, "There is much we will learn from each other, Jamie Lannister."

As she began to walk out, he called out to her again, "How can you talk to me?"

Visenya stopped but did not turn, "Because I have seen what you saw. And while I have forgiven you, I know you will never forgive yourself."