Ecolé and Waffles.

Friends are sometimes extremely annoying. All you want to do is sit in your room and watch Sherlock Holmes in your pj's with a messy bun and ice cream and peanut butter cookies.

But, NO! My lovely friend has to take me shopping.

Shopping with my friend, Ash, for my first day in the spooky high school can be very annoying. But what can I say? She is my friend and I can't say anything to her. Especially when it comes to her making me look good, and by the way, the school is not actually spooky. 

You know me, I love to exaggerate and be dramatic.

Currently I am in the mall going into every shop which are filed with dresses and gowns. Gosh, so annoying.

Oh, yes. We are also on a dress hunt. Apparently there's a festival coming up.

"I don't understand! Why can't I wear one of the things I own?"

"Because you.. you just can't! I mean, look at people staring at you. You'll be getting these same reactions even at school. You do not want to be named the school slut, do you?"

I was wearing a white top with a picture of Nutella on it, shorts and a cross necklace. 

And the looks I was receiving were pretty amusing.

"Well, yeah, whatever. You can't make me wear a dress to school."

"I couldn't even if I wanted to. Our school has uniform." She says nonchalantly, moving her head side to side trying to find a good shop.

Uniform?! WHAT?! 

I wonder what it'll be. Maybe a brown long, floor-length skirt, with a flowing, loosely fitting pale brown shirt and equally brown flats with brown socks.

I internally shudder. Gross.

"AMBER!" Ash yells in my ear, bring me back to Earth.

"What do you want?" I sassed.

"I asked you something," she sasses back. "Which one? Red or black?" Ash asked, holding out two pretty, off the shoulder dresses. Red is good. But, so is black. This is a pretty tough question. Maybe I'll ask for purple.

But before I could say anything, there came a sexy British voice. "Red would look spectacular on you." I turned back to see the graveyard helper, if you don't know him, he is the guy who helped me find my dad's grave.

"But you can choose whichever." With that, he left.

"Do you know him Ash?" I asked her looking in the direction the guy went, dumbfounded.

"Who doesn't know him? He is the hottest doctor around here. Also your mom's and my mom's ex boyfriend. He has a small kid named Colten. Colten is just too adorable!" She gushes.

Hmmm, that's interesting.

In the end, I just let Ash pick the color of the dress.

It's weird if you ask me. The whole mall is filled with dress shops and I can't even find Forever 21 or H&M here. I mean, come on, this is a mall! The only jeans I see are in the men's area.

I am starting to forget that I live in the 21st century, let alone 2015.

I went around the shops, expecting to find a jacket or top which I am sure they will have because, they do wear long skirts and obviously you can't wear it without a top. I saw a pretty pink skirt with a white sleeveless top on the mannequin. It was a long skirt, but extremely pretty, and I know that mom loves long skirts, and since Mother's Day is just around the corner, it's the perfect time to buy her a gift.