"training"

summarise: nat has a limp

it had been a night from heaven for both nat and steve. this thing had been going on for a good 3 weeks now. just meeting up in the middle of the night and just fucking. to be fair sometimes it had emotion and they learned a lot about each other. but most of the time neither of them were even aware of what was going on. luckily the mornings after went smoothly. they would quickly go down to the training rooms and just spend their morning there so when the team saw them in the morning they had good reason to be sweaty and tired.
that was their excuse at least.
some mornings they did exactly that.
funnily enough those mornings are the ones after the emotional baby making.
but after ones like last night - they both slept in, leaving steve to try and escape nats room whilst all the avengers were awake.

what fun!

he slowly stepped out in his clothes from last night which were just joggers (sweatpants if you're american) and a white tank top. there is so way steve would ever work out in something like that but he hoped no one would notice. as soon as he left nats room bucky saw him.

"you alright steve?... wait why are you leaving nats room?"

"she hurt herself during training so I was helping her get back to her room"

"did you seriously work out in sweats?"

steve looked down and quickly drafted his options -  1. he says that he was cold (he's never cold so that wouldn't work) 2.(he couldn't be bothered to get changed (meh some what believable) 3. he had a shower and got dressed (bingo)

"I had a shower whilst nat was putting ice on her foot" wait foot? hm i hope she unintentionally has a limp today. steve thought as he clearly did not think enough before formulating that sentence.

"then why are you still sweaty"

damn it. should've gone for option two.

"I had to carry nat up here" jeez good job cap with the quick thinking. steve mentally praised himself.

"okay I feel like there is something fishy going on but I'll leave you be."

finally he's gone.

steve left to go to his room and bucky went to the common room where the rest of the avengers were having breakfast.

nat then (almost poetically) walked into the room with everyone, except obviously steve her beloved, with a limp. but let's just say it wasn't bc of her foot.

the rest of the team knew knew.

they woke up at 5 in the morning to catch the lovers' funny business in the training gym and then they never even showed up!

but capsicle said that's where both of them had been so what were they hiding?? the fact that nat could barely walk but had no signs of issues with her feet or legs was also suspicious.

but once bucky filled the team in on his little convo with star spangled man, it was painfully obvious.

...

time for interrogations