and i am the forest

Y/n gave a few flaps the next day, testing out her new wing

Y/n gave a few flaps the next day, testing out her new wing. She looked towards Hiccup with another flutter of her wings. She leapt off the slightly elevated rock, gliding for a moment. Her grin was wide and joyous.

Of course, that was before falling in the lake. She huffed, glaring at the water before using her good and working wing to paddle towards land. Toothless gave out a guttural laugh, his eyes squinting. Y/n huffed, flicking water at him with her tail.

Toothless sneezed and pouted towards Y/n, making her and Hiccup laugh. He looked to his gear and thought about safety hazards.

...

"Oh, great." Said Hiccup, now stuck with Toothless. He, Y/n, and his dragon left into the village of Berk in the dead of night. He shoved the nosy Toothless and curious Y/n into a shed, laughing mervously at this new blonde who treated him rather meanly. Y/n growled lowly, causing Hiccup to laugh nervously yet again towards the mean girl he was speaking to. He was hoisted into the air as Toothless tugged at the rope... Which probably looked strange to the girl on the other side.

The door was flung open, but the shed was.. empty?? Astrid huffed and furrowed her brows.

...

"Alright, position 3- no 4!" He exclaimed as he and Y/n glided. Toothless and Y/n were tied to a spike in the ground, gliding along the strong breeze. Soon, the spike snapped, causing Hiccup and the other two to fall.

Y/n shrieked before landing in dragon nip. Toothless purred, rolling around wildly. Y/n also sighed in content, inhaling the sweet smell of dragon nip. She offered some to Hiccup.

"Nip?" She asked. Hiccup smiled and took it. "..Thanks."

...

"Alright, for real this time." Inhaled Hiccup. Y/n spread her wing and her prosthetic, Toothless spreading his tail fin and Hiccup adjusting the prosthetic. "1," Began Hiccup. "2," Continued Y/n. She fanned open her prosthetic that had a bar hook up to her good wing to that the prosthetic flapped at the same her real one did. As for the folding up and down, smaller rope was tied to a fingerless glove on her hand, tied on with even more ropes. She closed her fist, the ropes tightening, pulling, and opening her wing.

On the last number, Toothless joined in with a roar as they sprinted towards the cliff. Y/n leapt off, getting the hang to having to position her hand in different ways on her fingerless glove. She practiced it alone at night when Hiccup had to leave. Y/n weaved between sea stacks, slamming into Toothless a few times- as well as sea stacks.

Y/n apologized. Hiccup did, too- more than her, actually. Y/n laughed, continuing on with her journey. Her back, shoulder, and pectoral muscles got to work by flapping her wing and her core muscles was busy with her keeping up her plank position. She moved her fingers into an open palm, making her wings spread open completely. She and Toothless built up speed towards the sky.