Chapter Thirty-Five- Truth or Dare?

I get sent home from work Saturday. My manager said I looked sick and has me leave not even an hour into my shift. I'm not sick though. I'm going through withdrawal from the cocaine that is no longer in my body. I'm sweating, but I shiver with chills. My mouth is dry. I've never felt so tired in my life. My entire body hurts.

            I don't want to say it, but I will. Quitting wasn't worth this.

            I climb right into bed when I get home, and of course there's already another body laying in it. "You look just as bad as I do."

            "I bet I feel worse though," Danny sniffles. "You don't have any secret hiding spots that I might've missed?"

            "I would've ransacked them the day after you went through everything."

            "I bet a beer wouldn't make you feel any better."

            I smother my face with a pillow. "Let's not talk about anything that makes me want to throw up."

            "Sorry. I already did, that's why."

            I take a deep sigh, feeling I could fall asleep any minute. Even as I'm sweating, Danny's body heat seems to help with my chills. I flip over to my back and reach for my vape. After two tries, I realize it's empty. "Fuck," I mutter, and chuck it across the room. The sound of it hitting off my door is louder than I expected. The whole world is going silent. We're going quiet.

            I chuckle, but not in a funny way. A soft pitiful one. "Danny, how can we be sure we won't start up again?"

            "We can't," she responds. "We're going to go back and forth with it until it kills us."

            "That's not optimistic."

            "Give me one reason why I should be optimistic at this point."

            I don't.

            That evening, any optimism I had is especially gone for good. Colt calls Danny and has her pickup some drugs from his house. Her "payment" is enough coke for the two of us to snort, which we do off the center console in my car and then proceed to have sex once back at my room.  

            To forget about our mishap, we open a bottle of vodka.

            "Truth or dare."

            I laugh drunkenly at Danny. "What are you, ten?"

            "Yeah, truth or dare?"

            I sigh. "Dare."

            "Hmm." She taps her chin comedically, trying to think of something. "I dare you to shout 'I have a small penis' out the window."

            "That's mature!" I joke. "Half the neighborhood is asleep, like your parents."

            "I don't care, you have to do it."

            "But then I would be lying."

            Danny laughs. "Wow, you are certainly full of yourself."

            "Alright fuck you." I take another shot and open my window. "I HAVE A SMALL PENIS... AND DANNY HAS SMALL BOOBS!"

            "Hey!!" She throws a pillow at me. "That wasn't part of it!"

            "Well, if we're lying..."

            She smirks and shakes her head. "Do me."