7~what is that?

Franny felt the air leave her body as he answered. She knew he would say yes but she wanted it to be a no. She nodded her head and averted eye contact. She wanted the truth and now she got it. She just didn't know how to process it. It's not everyday the person you love and care about confesses to murdering someone. He had his reason though, the man did kill his mother. He was forced to do this by his father. The same man who trained him to be a mercenary when he was only eight years old.

To her surprise, she wasn't angry. The fear began to slowly trickle away from her when she started to come back to her senses. She knows Shaun would never kill anyone without intent. However, it still didn't make it right. She still felt the love she had for him. She just didn't know how everything would end. Her mind was in a whirlwind once more. She began to slowly look up towards the man in front of her. His fist where clenched and Franny could tell that his nails were painfully digging into his skin. His eyes are flooded with hurt, concern and anger when she finally gets the courage to look at him. His whole body is tense and it's seems as if he's shaking.

It hurt her to see him this way and she knew she was the one causing it. She had to give herself time to think but she needed to push that aside. Right now he needed her. He was at his weakest like she had been so many times. All those times he had been there for her, now it was time for her to return the favor. Franny knew she had to set aside the hurricane in her mind and comfort her friend in his darkest moment. She opens her mouth slightly but words fail to leave. She then does the next best thing.

Franny slowly reaches her hand out and placed it on his arm. He watches her carefully, expecting her to slap him, or at the very least push him away. She doesn't. She traces her hand down his arm and wraps it around his hand. He breathes out in relief while shutting his eyes. His tears had spilled out and she uses her other arm to wrap around his neck. Franny pulls him in for a hug and kisses the side of his cheek.

"Thank you." Is all Shaun manages as he tightens his embrace. The scenario could've gone any way and right now it was the best case for him.

"I love you, Shaun." Franny says as she tightens her hold on him.

The relief they both felt when they finally held each other. Shaun didn't need to say it back to her, she had already knew. She knew when he confessed his feelings for her, when he would walk her home, how he always stuck with their plans even when Katie cancelled and how he made sure that she was taken care of when her parents weren't there for her even though he was in foster care. The two pull away from each other and Shaun kisses Franny, and she returns it. The two pull away from each other and smile.

"Don't think this conversation is over, Shaun. Once we get back home I need to know everything. No more secrets." Franny says

"I promise you, no more secrets." He says pulling her in for another kiss. A loud metal thud begins to echo in the cave, startling the couple.

"Are you guys okay?" Katy yells running over to her friends with Shaun's sister in tow.

"We're fine, I don't know where that's coming from." Franny says.

The group begins to make their way further into the cave and the noise gets louder. Soon they can hear a voice becoming more prominent which leads them to a metal door. Light comes from the door and the group continues on. Once they've reached it, Shaun is the first to begin to push it open. The metal creaks as it slowly opens. The group makes their way in and the voice and sound get even louder. As they continue their journey into the new area, the stumble across a man with hair that is to his shoulder. In his right hand, he is banging a metal pipe against a trunk and is reciting something. The group gazes at him confused and the man notices them.

"Oh hello loves." He then says.

"Uh-who are you?" Katy is the first to cut through the silence.

"I'm Trevor. You know? The actor for London."

****