Chapter 5

I fell back asleep and woke up later that day arround 11 am. I texted Paige and she said she would love to go see Justin play baseball and that she would text me as much as possible and call if something went wrong. I am so lucky to have her as a friend. The rest if the day I watched TV and ate food. Then I went to sleep.

Saturday I woke up to Ella saying something to me.

E: What Ella?
El: I was telling you that you have to get up and baby-sit me.
E: No I don't Mom and Dad don't leave until noon.
El: Yea. It's 12:15.

I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand. Sure enough, it read 12:15. Great.

E: Ok. I'm coming. Give me a few minutes to organize my life and I'll make breakfast.
El: I already ate breakfast.
E: Fine. Breakfast for ME. I'll make you lunch and we can watch cartoons. That sound good?
El: Yea.

While I cooked, I noticed that Alex would be driving to his game roght now so I thought I should text him.

E: Hey! Good luck at your game Alex! xoxo

Ok. The xoxo is stupid, but I didn't know what else to put.

After breakfast, we played computer games and such. I checked my phone periodically and Paige texted periodically.

30 minutes passed without any calls. Then my phone rang. It was Paige.

P: Hey...
E: What's wrong?!?
P: Nothing. I just wanted to chat.
E: No. You tell lies. Paige, what's wrong?
P: How would you react if Alex got a paper-cut?
E: I'd freak and act like he was going to die tbh. Why?
P: Oh no.
E: What?
P: Well... Ok... You're going to be upset but...
E: What.
P: Alex is unconscious.