Chapter 7

The next few days went by in a blur. There was a lot of sadness, crying, and stillness from the four of us. That is until I got a call from Alex's mom, Jade. She was at the hospital. Not to mention, she woke me up with the call at 2 a.m.

J: Emma, honey?

She sounded suspiciously nice. This was either a really happy thing or a really sad thing. I tried to keep positive about things.

E: Yes?
J: Honey... I'm trying to put this into words. Ummm... Hmmmm...

I heard a faint whisper, but I couldn't make out who said it.

J: Well, looks like I'll just have to tell you. Promise you won't overreact.
E: I promise.

Things were going downhill fast. Way too fast.

J: Honey, Alex is awake.
E: Can he talk?
J: Yes he can.
E: May I speak to him?
J: Sure.

There was a crackling noise then faint whispers and then I heard the voice I thought I'd never hear ever again.

A: Emma?
E: Alex?! I thought I'd never hear your voice again! I'm so glad you're awake and okay. I was so scared that I'd lost you.

It was late and I was overreacting and so I was rambling until Alex calmed me down.

A: Hey, Hey, Hey, it's ok. I'm awake now. I'm ok. You don't have to be frightened anymore. You get some sleep and I'll be here, you can visit me tomorrow. Well, I guess later today. Ok?
E: Ok.

I fell back asleep. When I woke up, it was 10:00. I texted Paige.

E: Hey. I'm going to go see Alex wanna come?
P: Ok. Can Justin come, too?
E: Ok.

I picked them up and drove to the hospital. We went to room 306 and there he was, awake and very much alive. I was so happy, I apparently started to cry. I don't know when, but I just did because my vision started to get blury with tears.

A: Hey Emma.
E: H-Hi.