Chapter 9

A few weeks passed and finally the Fourth of July came around. I absolutely could not wait to grill hot dogs and roast marshmallows and make popcorn and eat it while watching fireworks with my three favorite people. Alex, of course, Paige, and Justin.

I woke up early so I could make a shopping list for all of the supplies that I would need for the Ultimate Fourth of July. Here's what I came up with.
•Hot Dogs
•Hot Dog Buns
•Marshmallows
•Potato Chips
• Sparklers
•Popcorn Seeds
•Butter
•Fruits For Fruit Salad

I went to the grocery store and bought all of the necessary ingredients for all of my dishes. I got home and went right to work on starting the cooking. The first thing I started on was the fruit salad. I went to work cutting up the watermelon into little star shapes. About halfway through doing that there was a knock at the door.

Alex walked in and started to help with the cooking. I put him to work with the watermelon while I started to wash the blueberries and raspberries. A half hour later and we started to work on the next dish. I had Alex help me grill the hot dogs and after that we put the potato chips into a big bowl. Then another knock at the door.

Justin and Paige were late. Not by a lot but I told them to be there at 5:00 and they showed up at 5:10. Granted we didn't finish the food until just before they arrived so that was a plus.

We sat down to eat soon after that and everyone was excited. The Fourth of July is a big event for all of us. Especially this year.

Usually, we use the Fourth of July as a halfway point in the summer. This summer though, It's a big deal, because this us the last Fourth of July we will all have together. Paige's dad is being relocated to Paris. And so far, my pact isn't really going too great. I mean unless u want to make this summer count in a bad way. Which we were. I mean... so far.

The boys then went outside and built a fire in the fire pit while Paige and I cleaned up the dishes.

P: So... I see Alex is ok.
E: Yea. He still has minor headaches from the blow and a scar that hurts him when you touch it on the back of his head.
P: REALLY?
E: Yea. But he likes it when I accidentally touch it when I hug him.
P: What??
E: Yea... he says it like, makes him know he's alive or something.
P: That's a little...
E: Strange?

Paige nods.

E: Yea, I know, but I don't care. I just feel bad that it hurts him. I just want him to be ok again.
P: Understood.

The boys returned at that moment and tell us the fire is ready for the marshmallows to roast.