1-26 I am a Dragon

Thayle walked through the hall, finding Tavis and Ayawa sitting at the table. They admitted to hearing the argument between Lilly and Gersius, then asked if everything was alright. Thayle confidently said she believed the problem would soon be over. She now understood what was keeping them apart and, more importantly, how to solve it. Ayawa was skeptical and asked how she planned to resolve such a heated relationship, but Thayle was in a hurry. She told them she would explain it later and hurried out to find Prime Arlin.

He was standing in the grand hall speaking with two guards and giving them instructions. Thayle waited until he finished, then politely asked if they could talk privately. He agreed with a smile and took her to his private office, where Thayle asked him once again for his help.

"I have been working on a problem for some time now, and I believe I know how to resolve it," she said once they were comfortably seated. "I need to use the cliff gardens for the day. Could you arrange for them to be cleaned and then left empty?"

"You seem to have many problems with our guests," Prime Arlin remarked but never lost his smile. "I assume you are planning to marry the dragon and Gersius."

"You know?" Thayle said in alarm.

"Dear, Thayle," Arline began and leaned back in his chair. "I knew the moment I saw them together."

"Then you saw the dance their aura is doing?" Thayle replied.

Prime Arlin nodded and explained how it was impossible to miss. He described their aura's as trying to drown one another, but there was something off about them. Gersius was full of doubt and guilt, the weight of which was drowning his light. Lilly was clearly struggling with feelings that were dominated by anger. He wondered how they could have come together so strongly yet have such misgivings about what they felt.

"It's a sad story," Thayle replied with a shake of her head. "It was so beautiful at first, but then tragedy struck." She sighed and began to recount how Lilly and Gersius met. She didn't have all the early details, so she told what she knew leading up to his arrival at her temple. From here, she was more informed, explaining Lilly's funny way of calling people rodents and her innate curiosity. She described how Lilly didn't know what love was, but after dancing at a wedding party with Gersius was starting to glow with it.

Prime Arlin nodded and commented on how he wished he could have seen those early days. He was moved by the idea that a dragon and a human could somehow see in one another something worth cherishing.

Thayle agreed and went on with the story, describing the terrible ordeal of Whiteford. She made sure to emphasize how badly they both came out of it. Lilly had lost her last hope of ever being able to fly again, and Gersius had lost his faith. He began to doubt himself and his decisions, setting him up for disaster later.

Prime Arlin was shaken by the account, commenting that such a trial would test even the strongest person's heart. He was also struck by the barbarity of the order of Astikar and the terrible suffering they caused.

Thayle agreed with a shudder and went on to describe the shell of a man that was Gersius. He released Lilly from the bind and told her to go home, but she wanted to stay. Lilly was the one who showed the first signs of open affection, leaning into him at night to keep him company. She also pointed out that she honestly felt Gersius was healing faster because of Lilly.

"What do you mean?" Prime Arlin asked.

"I saw her light flowing to him like I have never seen before," Thayle replied. "When she was close, he made great progress. When she was away, he made what you would expect."

"So her love for him was somehow aiding in his recover?" Prime Arlin said as he pondered the idea. "It must have something to do with dragons." He considered it a moment more then insisted they not discredit the effort Thayle made to help them. The use of the holy water to wash and mend the wounds certainly helped. Thayle agreed but pointed out that even so, his recovery was nothing short of miraculous.