what to do

The next days, when I play in the streets, every time it gets worse. That's not because of the cold temperatures but more because of a slight depression that starts to take over my mood. After 3 days, I don't go out anymore and simply spend my days cooking, watching tv or cleaning something in Luna's apartment.

Everything seems to be going downhill: I separated from my fiancé, need to find a job and that Victoria-chick has read my dm but not answered. Bitch.

The only good thing I can think of is that one guy with the long hair that listened to me every time I played in the last few days and generously put a few 50€ bills into my guitar case. I don't know if he did it as a joke or really meant it but I think it's kinda funny.

I'm in bed watching love island and chewing on some tobacco because I can't light a cigaret. There were a few incidents where I started to set little snippets of paper on fire. Luna the hid all the lighters. That's when Luna enters the apartment noisily and to my misfortune I can hear more voices, she brought friends.

Quickly, I hide my head under the blanket but it's too late, they already enter the bedroom.

"Enough of this sulking, we're going to a party and you're coming with us!"

"Sorry?" I pretend to not have heard her.

"This is Leo and that's Alessia, they'll help you to pick out an outfit."

"Hello!" the two friends greet me cheerfully.

"Hi..." I greet back with a lot of self consciousness.

"Alright, it's time to start the day, hon." The guy demands.

"Yea, no thanks I'm good." I decline politely believing that this isn't going to work anyways.

That's when I feel my blanket being pulled away. I am left with nothing but a shirt and underwear, exposed to Luna and her stupid friends.

The girl (Alessia, I think) already rummages through the wardrobe and throws things she likes in my direction. In the next moment my best friend hands me a glass of wine which I chug down in one go.

The three others make me try on different outfits until we settle for a pair of red flaired pants, a bralette and a leather jacket.

We leave the apartment and I'm already a bit inebriated. The club is packed and I suddenly feel flashbacks hitting me from the time before I met Fabrizio.

The music makes the floor shake, it smells like sweat and alcohol and I can't help it but actually enjoy the scents. When Alessia asks if I'd like to have a drink, I say no and immediately become a part of the dancing crowd.

Even though I'm dancing alone, I don't feel lonely. I manage to somehow connect to the other people because everyone is feeling the music and is having fun.

I lift my hands in the air, close my eyes and dance to the rhythm. This is what I was missing out on the past years, I realise and shake my head in disbelief. A new song starts playing, it's much more energetic and causes me to move more and shake my whole body.

I feel that I bumped into someone behind me. "My bad!" I apologize, even though they most certainly can't hear it over the music.

I turn to look at the person and check if they're angry. I face a guy in a tight black top, thats the first thing I notice because he is at least a head taller than me. I look up to meet a dark eyes and a face that seems incredibly familiar. He looks down to me with a tiny smile and stops moving to the music as if he is about to say something.

A strand of long hair blocks his sight and he casually blows it away.

Right in that moment no other person than my best friend chimes in by taking my hand.