Chapter 1

Odin currently resided in a cell disguised as a strung out Lindsey Lohan while Loki sat upon his throne. This felt right. This is how things should be. This-

His thoughts were cut off by the heavy doors to the throne room being opened. Thor walked quickly into the room.

"Allow me to speak with my son in private," Loki told the guards that were in the room. He leaned back in the chair, pleased that the illusion worked so well. They obeyed his request, leaving them alone.

"There is something I wish to speak with you. Loki." Loki didn't know if Thor meant that he wanted to talk about him, or knew that this was all a trick, so he decided to play it safe. "What of him Thor?" he asked. "You know damn well that's not what I meant," he said. Loki sighed.

He stood up and walked to his brother. He stood there for a second, starring into his eyes before letting the illusion fade.

At first Thor believed it was his brother, but hadn't been sure. He had seen him die right in front of him, yet here he was. He wasn't sure whether to be happy of his return, or furious at the use of his magic. He starred at him, taking in the site and still trying to see if this was real.

"Hello brother," he spoke. Thor grabbed him up in a crushing hug, lifting him off the ground a few inches. "Unless you want me to die again, I suggest you loosen your grip," Loki managed to say. Thor released him and sat him down. "How many times must you do this before you remain dead?" his brother asked. Loki shrugged.

"Whenever the opportunities stop arising." "Remind me to stop giving you the opportunities," Thor said. "I'll remind you only if I see fit," he said. "Well the day you do die, your grave will read 'Loki... Perhaps. No one really knows for sure.'" The two of them chuckled for a second. "I've missed this brother," Thor said. "So have I," he replied.

Thor smiled, "Come with me." Loki furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" "Come with me to Midguard," he said. "Are you kidding? That's absurd?" Loki said. "You said it yourself that you'd like to change. This is your opportunity! The Avengers could help you and-" Loki cut him off.

"The Avengers? Oh my, I bet they'd be thrilled to see me again! After all, I only tried to take over their world!"

"They've all made their own mistakes, I'm sure they can find it in their heart to forgive you," he said. Loki sighed, "Even if they do, what about everybody else? I'm sure they all hate me for what I've done."

"That was years ago! I'm sure people have learned to forgive over time, and the Avengers will be no different!" Loki have him a skeptical look. Thor sighed, "How about you come with me and give it a try, and if you don't like this new life, then you can come back to Asguard." Loki cringed, "I think I'll take my chances with angry mobs than come back here to father." Thor perked up at that.

"Where is father anyways?" Loki grinned at the question, "He is... Disguised. In the dungeon." Thor chuckled, "You'll have to release him, you know that right?" "With time brother."

Loki wiped Odin's mind of his return, and he and Thor made their way to Midguard. Loki wore a disguise himself to get past the guards.

Before they knew it, they were standing in the middle of a common room inside Avengers Tower.