I miss our prison

In the staff room the officers all get together to share donuts and discuss their prisons. The officers of Litchfield are gobsmacked at some of the things they learn about Wentworth.

Dixon: "So you just, let a prisoner run the whole place?"
Vera: "Well, sort of, the top dog keeps the women in check, and deals out punishments their own way without involving us."
Linda Miles: "It has its flaws."
Mr Jackson: "But that's how it's always been. Of course, we take matters into our hands too, slotting the women."
Fischer: "Slotting?"
Vera: "Isolation, solitary confinement."
O'Neill: "Oh like the SHU, we call it the SHU."
Wanda: "Mhm, the SHU."
Caputo: "What'd I hear about the former governor starting a fire?"
Linda Miles: "The freak." She speaks with gritted teeth. "She was always a psycho."
Vera: "She's believed to have started the fire, we still haven't got enough evidence on her, but given some major coincidences that happened within the prison and some strong allegations that add up to those coincidences, we believe it's not her first act of intentional misconduct and endangerment."
Mr Jackson: "She's had it out for me since Blackmore."
Fischer: "You knew her before?"
Mr Jackson: "Yeah, from another prison, I was the social worker who took a prisoner's baby, she'd become weirdly attached to the prisoner, Jianna, and her baby, Shayne. Hated me since."

——

As evening approaches the women are back in their dorms patiently waiting for the count. For each count an officer from both prisons attends, to understand their differences in how they conduct a count.

With Dixon and Linda taking some of the Litchfield dorms, Mr Jackson and Wanda take the Wentworth dorms. Linda watches Dixon just click a button as he walks round counting the inmates.

Linda: "So simple." She smirks, with not much else to say, her posture uninviting.

Mr Jackson shows Wanda how they conduct their count, each woman standing by their bed, he stands at the front of the dorm, not being required to move around.

Mr Jackson: "Doyle."
Franky: "Yup."
Mr Jackson: "Smith."
Bea: "Yea."
Mr Jackson: "Birdsworth."
Liz: "Righto Mr J."

He continues reading a list of names waiting for each individual response. Wanda stands seemingly impatient, huffing with every breath. Soon he has finished the count and both himself and Wanda leave the dorm.

Wanda: "That was time consuming."
Mr Jackson: "Guess it's what I'm used to."

Once the officers leave the dorms the women are left to their own devices. Unlike Litchfield, count doesn't mean bed, it just means they're not allowed to leave the dorms, well, apart from to use the bathroom because the dorms are open and not individual cells with private toilets. So while the rest of the prison falls asleep under the darkness of their open dorms, the H2 women shine some light on their findings.

Bea: "I've figured out who the meth heads are. They asked me for drugs, and got up in my face."
Franky: "D'dya threaten them?"
Bea: "Course. I don't appreciate being mouthed off at."
Liz: "Steer clear of druggies I suppose. Don't want to get in too much trouble while we're here."
Doreen: "I tried to take a shower today, the bathrooms are so grimey. How can anyone live like this?"
Maxine: "I'm sure the showers weren't that bad."
Doreen: "I'm not going to be surprised if I come away with a foot fungus."
Boomer: "Never thought I'd say I miss our prison."
Franky: "On another note, someone has the hots for you red." She winks at Bea.
Bea: "Shut up." She laughs. "Really?"
Franky: "Oh yes. Would you ever try the mcmuff?"
Bea: "I don't go that way."
Franky: "Bummer."
Doreen: "Who's got the hots for her though?"
Franky: "That would be telling." She stands arms folded leaning against the wall, smirking.
Boomer: "Tell us Franky, please!"
Franky: "So red, you wanna know?" She winks again at Bea.
Bea: "Go on then."
Franky: "Nicky. Would you have guessed?"
Liz: "I thought you two may have had a bit of something going on." She chuckles, Franky looks amused.
Franky: "She's hot, that's for sure, but she's got a thing for Bea, no doubt about it."
Maxine: "Wait so did she actually tell you? Or are you just guessing."
Franky: "She's dropped a few hints." She smirks again. "Anyway, night fuckers." She disappears into one of the bunks, leaving the others questioning everything.