A transfer?

Nicky collapses next to Bea, both trying to catch their breath.

Nicky: "I wasn't expecting that, but I'm not complaining."
Bea: "That was my first time with a woman, I've been missing out."
Nicky: "I'm honoured it was with me, now I know I'm laid down but let's pretend I'm bowing. Ah you're welcome my lady."

"Ehem, ladies." They both shoot up, "Oh Smith, didn't expect that, looks like you had some fun, but it's count time so come on." Mr Jackson motions them both to the doors, they walk in front of him, both ecstatic.

——

Back in the dorm Bea walks to her bed with a huge grin on her face, a glow in her aura and a sparkle in her eye.

Liz: "You look cheery love."
Maxine: "Suspiciously cheery."
Bea: "Uhm yeahhh" she looks over at Franky.
Franky: "You didn't?"
Bea: "We did."
Franky: "Oh my god, you had sex, with a woman! How was it? Tell me everything!"

Bea tells everyone about just how amazing it was. While a few dorms down, Nicky does the same. They both brag until the night it out.

———

It's almost over for the Wentworths' stay at Litchfield. Mr Caputo and his officers decide to give a proper goodbye to them, prison style. He calls a meeting in the chapel, both prisons form an orderly crowd, intermixed with one another, unlike before where they avoided each other like the plague.

Mr Caputo: "I've gathered you all here because as some of you may know, it's nearly time for Wentworth to return home." A lot of groans can be heard from the inmates. "So we've decided to allow one whole day, tomorrow, to do as you wish. Within reason. There will be no work, there will be a giant pizza takeout thanks to Governor Vera, and there will be unlimited access to the yard, library, and rec room." The room volume picks up, cheers everywhere.

———

Later in the day, Bea and Nicky sit together in the rec room.

Bea: "So, I'm going to miss this place, a little."
Nicky: "I'm going to miss you. It's a shame good things always come to an end." She sighs.
Bea: "We always knew this would happen though."
Nicky: "I wonder if I can get transferred."
Bea: "Our prison is a lot different..."
Nicky: "I've been to max, I'm sure I'd be fine."
Bea: "We do have some better luxuries, like actual edible food, our own cell, private toilets, a living space only for our cell block. But then, the chaos and drugs I'm not living for."
Nicky: "I'd give you a whole new kind of chaos." She winks.
Bea: "You're such a flirt."
Franky: "Hope I'm not interrupting much." She joins them.
Bea: "Just Nicky saying she wants to come back with us."
Franky: "Cor, you're brave, it's different there, that's for sure."
Nicky: "Would be interesting though."
Franky: "Oh for sure."
Bea: "I mean, we could make it happen. I can speak to the governor."
Nicky: "Shit, really? Is she that calm?"
Franky: "Oh she's heaps calmer than our ex governor."

———

Franky, Bea and Nicky set out to find Vera, on route they bump into Resnikoff, who was not pleased with the news that Nicky was asking for a transfer. In fact, she was so angry, she didn't even speak. She just glared, and wandered off. Soon enough they find Vera.

Bea: "Miss Bennett?"
Vera: "Yes smith?"
Bea: "Do we have any room for a transfer?"
Vera: "At such short notice I'm not sure. Why? Who's wanting to transfer?"
Nicky: "Me."
Vera: "And why's that? I heard you've got something going on with Smith?"
Nicky: "Well, yeah we do, but also, I've made some good friends here now, and I don't want to go back to boring prison life without them."
Franky: "You sook."
Vera: "While that's very moving, I'd have to get a referral from your warden, with a written signature and reason for referral."
Nicky: "Shit."

As if by coincidence, Mr Caputo walks in.

Vera: "Ah, just who we needed to see."
Caputo: "What's going on?"
Vera: "Nichols wants to transfer to wentworth."
Caputo: "A transfer..? How come?"
Nicky: "Just, spare the explanation, could you make something up for a referral?"
Caputo: "You know I can't do that."
Nicky: "Please? We all know I'm just going to end up in Max again eventually, at least Wentworth is a permanent high security prison."
Caputo: "I'll discuss this matter with Vera, you lot should head off to bed, tomorrow is a long day."