Welcome to your new home

The final morning comes fast, with all the women feeling overwhelmed with emotion. Wentworth packs their belongings in bags, prepared for their journey back to their own prison later in the day. Nicky runs into the dorm excited as ever, "I'VE BEEN TRANSFERRED!"
Franky: "No way, don't fuck me around?"
Nicky: "I'm serious! I'd pack but I have nothing of value, and this uniform will be useless by tonight."
Bea: "Best say your last goodbyes."
Nicky: "Reds not happy, I've not spoke to the others yet."
Franky: "Have them meet us outside in 10, we will all talk."

10 minutes later, as planned, they're all outside.

Nicky: "So, guys, I need to talk to you."
Alex: "You good?"
Nicky: "I'm being transferred."
Boo: "You're going back to max again? Really? What did you do?"
Franky: "No, she's coming with us."
Piper: "WHAT?"
Nicky: "Look, I'm always back and forth in and out of Max anyway, I hate to leave you, we're family-"
Piper: "Some family." She stands up and walks off.
Boo: "Got nothing to do with your new found lover?" she rolls her eyes and follows piper.
Alex: "Well, remember us yeah?"

Nicky turns to Bea and Franky. "Couldn't have gone better." She sighs while opening a pizza box.

Time passes, the day doesn't drag as much as everyone expected, it flew by. Before long the women were boarding coaches and waving goodbye to Litchfield. Nicky waves off years of friendships, but feels optimistic over a new start. She doesn't quite know what to expect, but at least she's with H2.

———

Upon arrival back to Wentworth Nicky realises just how much nicer the place looks. Guards she'd not met give her weird looks until they realise she's joining teal. She stumbles through the doors in her beige, the last time she'll ever wear that uniform. She follows behind H2 all the way to their dorm.

Vera: "A bunk has been installed in Birdsworths cell, for the sake of neutral grounds. But to keep you together for now."
Liz: "As long as I'm not on top I don't mind at all." She laughs walking into their home, their cell block.
Vera: "Oh and Nichols, you'll need these." She hands Nicky a real uniform and leaves the girls to settle once more.

Nicky takes her time looking around, Boomer opens the cupboard, "Oh monte carlos how I've missed you." She sits on the sofa to devour her biscuits. Liz picks up a leaflet, and reads out the new programs in place. Bea smiles at Nicky from across the room.

Nicky: "This is so much better than I expected."
Doreen: "Would you like a tour?"
Nicky: "Yes."
Doreen: "Ok, well, rule one, never press the panic button." She and Nicky walk off into the prison halls.

Franky: "What a time."
Bea: "An unexpected outcome."
Franky: "Thanks to the psycho that Ferguson is."
Maxine: "To think if she was normal we'd never have had that experience."
Boomer: "I could've done without it, but happy for you lot." She says mouth full of monte carlos
Liz: "I've missed the cleanliness of this place."
Bea: "I think we all have."
Maxine: "I'll miss the sight of grass though."

Doreen and Nicky make their way back, once they're back all the women head to the yard. H2 are sat together when new arrivals make their way through the gates. The clunking of the gates closing can be heard across the yard causing stares from all directions. Nicky looks up and spots a bunch of women holding baskets followed by officers holding stereos.

One woman in particular stands out, she stares directly at Bea and makes a gesture towards her neck, as if slicing it. Bea looks slightly threatened when she realises who it is.

Nicky: "Wow, she seemed to know you Bea."
Bea: "Yeah, she's Karen Proctor."
Nicky: "History?"
Bea: "Red right hand. She's a threat to us."
Nicky: "A threat?"
Franky: "Almost everyone who comes in already knowing someone ends up a threat, or being threatened."
Nicky: "Oh, you guys weren't kidding when you said it's chaotic here."
Boomer: "And you still wanted to come back with us."
Maxine: "Just be careful Nicky, don't get wrapped up in anything you can't get out of."
Bea: "Of course as top dog I protect the women, but just, stay on the down low."

Nicky can't stop appearing uneasy, as if she made a huge mistake with the transfer. When life was so simple before, with her little prison family. She's only been at wentworth for an hour, and already someone who's not even been a prisoner before has made a threat towards not just anyone, but Bea, the top dog.

Boomer: "Welcome to your new home." She laughs while watching Nicky squirm in discomfort.