Chapter #16

you guys are going to hate this chapter, but as a wise cat said 'there's nowhere to go but up'

As soon as Felix got home, he changed into Adrien and ran out the door. He also grabbed a pair of dark sunglasses and a hat. He didn't want another run-in with his uncle, or anyone to recognize him in public.

He began walking to Marinette's house. He didn't have his books, but he wasn't going to study.

He walked down to the bakery, and banged open the door, then began walking upstairs, feeling a lot more confident in himself.

He waved to Sabine and Tom, taking off his glasses and hat.

"I'm just going to go talk to Marinette about something," he said with a smile.

They nodded, "Okay, she's just up there with her friend!"

"Alya?" he asked. They didn't answer, so he kept walking.

He opened the trap door and poked his head through the opening.

"Hey Mari—" he started. He stopped when he saw the bluenette crying with Lila and Alya by her side.

He ran to her side, "What's going on?" he asked.

Marinette slapped his cheek, "Don't talk to me ever again!"

"What are you talking about?" he asked, touching his cheek.

Lila smiled meanly from where she was standing, "You should know Felix,"

"I'm not— how did you find out?"

"Really? That's what you choose to ask?" she snapped, "Thanks to your uncle and Lila. Now leave,"

"Seriously, Marinette I swear. I didn't mean to hurt you, I just didn't think—"

Alya glared at him, "You didn't think. You're playing with her feelings!"

"Just let me explain!" he protested.

Alya opened her mouth to speak, but Marinette stopped her. "Fine. But make it quick,"

He fidgeted with his hands nervously, "C-can we talk in private?"

Lila started shaking her head, "Of course, you can't!"

"Shut up Lila." Marinette snapped, "Girls, go downstairs,"

Lila gasped and stormed downstairs with Alya at her heels.

Marinette sat down on her bed, but Felix remained standing.

"Well, go ahead," she said coldly.

"Marinette, I uh. I wasn't trying to play with your feelings," he began.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious! I liked you,"

"Well now that you don't like me anymore, you can leave, take your pathetic excuses and your pathetic attitude away,"

"Marinette, I still like you. Ever since back when we first met. I just thought you wouldn't like the real me. You don't know the real me. All you know—"

She stood up, "You don't know what I know Felix Graham De Vanily, or is it, Adrien? Now we'll never know. Now get your lying butt out of here. Go terrorize someone else and never speak to me AGAIN!"

Tears came to his eyes, "Marinette, please!" he said in a hoarse whisper.

"No, I can't believe you! You're so full of yourself, consider my feelings. I'm not your toy! I'm not going to fall for you just because 'Adrien' told me to. Now LEAVE! I never want to see you again!"

"Fine," he whispered. "I'll go,"

He walked sadly out of her room, passing Lila down the stairs.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

Alya shot him a sympathetic look, "I tried to reason with her. Call me," she mouthed.

He nodded sadly and walked out of the house. It began to rain, and the walk home felt longer than ever.

When he got home, he was drenched from head to toe.

No one was in the main hall, so he trudged to his room. Not caring if he dripped all over the floor.

He undressed and stepped into the shower. As the steaming water hit his face, the previous event hit him. Marinette hated him.

Fat tears rolled down his cheeks.He didn't wipe them off. He knew he was being selfish. He was exactly what she'd said.

it doesn't always work out the way you expect it to. Felix  just had to learn that the hard way.

Sorry if this book sounds rushed, I'm just trying to finish it quickly, because I have this new idea for another book.

~ 635 words ~