Chapter 15

Due to the kidnapping case that Alberu solved with the novice knights, Alberu's name became known among the other novice knights.

More and more knights hoped for Alberu's success in the future and Alberu's name was becoming more and more widely known among the people of the Roan Kingdom, especially since the kidnap victims always told how the Prince saved them.

Right now Alberu was in the meeting room with the higher-ups of the Kingdom, the highest seat where the King should be sitting was vacant, whether on purpose or not, the King should have met Alberu for today's report.

This gave a mocking look from the higher ups who had fully supported the other Princes.

Alberu ignored all kinds of stares, only maintaining his impeccable demeanor.

"We can't discuss some things because Your Majesty is not here."

The palace treasurer started the conversation.

"Right, we should have reported to His Majesty but it looks like it will have to be postponed."

It turned out that Alberu wasn't the only one who had to report the results of his work to the King.

"Then we can discuss something else, right?"

Alberu was just listening, because everyone had their own job here, so it had nothing to do with Alberu.

And the higher-ups happily ignored the Prince who was sitting at the table with them.

"General, isn't it time to recruit more instructors for the Second Prince?"

"Didn't the treasurer say that the Third Prince asked for a martial instructor a few days ago?"

"What about the books, ask the Palace registrar to check immediately since the Second Prince requested this morning."

Absolutely nothing to do with Alberu.

"By the way, shouldn't the First Prince also have an instructor?"

The Palace Treasurer asked in a mocking tone.

"I think the First Prince is already very comfortable doing everything without an instructor, so why are we burdening the Prince for?"

A few whispers of laughter could also be heard in the room.

Alberu couldn't stay here any longer or he might just throw something at them like he did some of his Palace maids back then.

"I'm very happy that you guys care for my well-being, if people like you continue to take care of everyone working for our Kingdom then no doubt we won't have to worry about anything in the future."

Alberu stood up from his chair with the pile of documents he brought with him.

"Too bad I still have work to do, so I can't join the likes of you guys."

Alberu left with his charming innocent smile, but his gaze was cold.

The Palace Treasurer was never on Alberu's side, he only always fawned over the Second or Third Prince, he was also the one stopping Alberu Palace's budget.

There were still many generals who were neutral, but it was unknown whether they would support Alberu or not.

Alberu walked back towards his Palace, he passed the Palace gardens where meetings were often held, there was a bridge connecting the two sides of the lake that passed through the entire main Palace.

Flowers bloomed beautifully along the courtyard of the Palace.

'Cale would love to walk around here.'